A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

OOPS...I GOT CAUGHT!

(Please refer to It Sucks to be Back Home Part II)
Probably my mistake. I gave my mother the address for this site and she in turn gave me a list of reasons why: IT SUCKS TO HAVE YOUR KIDS BACK HOME!

Her list read as follows:

10.) yes, we have had a few fights since you've been here and we will continue to have them until you realize that I brought you into this world and I can take you out of it. IT SUCKS TO HAVE YOUR KIDS BACK HOME!

9.) yes, there are fights for the internet every night, there are other people in this house that need to use the computer...How can a Housewife effectively raise her children when she is blogging? IT SUCKS TO HAVE YOUR KIDS BACK HOME!

8.) yes, your children go by the basement steps and I scream for you to remove them. But, you don't have to worry. Instead of bringing your dirty laundry down to the washing machine, the steps are well padded with them. IT SUCKS TO HAVE YOUR KIDS BACK HOME!

7.) yes, I do give your children popsicle when they are bad. I earned that right when your grandmother gave them to you for biting your cousins. IT SUCKS TO HAVE YOUR KIDS BACK HOME!

6.) yes, the girls do like to sleep in my bed when they are here. That is because their mother never goes to bed, she is too busy blogging. IT SUCKS TO HAVE YOUR KIDS BACK HOME!

5.) yes, I do ask you who was on the phone, only because I assume it was something drastically important due to the fact that it has rang for you at my house about 25 times in the last hour even though you were talking to someone else on your cell phone. IT SUCKS TO HAVE YOUR KIDS BACK HOME!

4.) yes, it is necessary to scream in this house. It is the only way I can get your attention unless I call from a pay phone. IT SUCKS TO HAVE YOUR KIDS BACK HOME!

3.) yes, there is only one bathroom in this house and it is full of the Housewife's clothes, makeup, towels, etc. You get the picture. IT SUCKS TO HAVE YOUR KIDS BACK HOME!

2.) I could give the Housewife a few choice suggestions for a new name. But, I don't have to worry about not knowing what she changed it to. A couple of days after she goes back to Boston, the phone will ring. She will need me. They always need Mom, no matter how much they complain. IT SUCKS TO HAVE YOUR KIDS BACK HOME!

1.) And the number one reason IT SUCKS TO HAVE YOUR KIDS BACK HOME is: you realize just how empty the house it without them, when they're gone. IT SUCKS TO HAVE YOUR KIDS BACK HOME!

13 Comments:

  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    OK, so I did a brave thing and posted my moms note to me. I only did it for the pleasure of our faithful readers. You can thank me later.
    ~ I do, though, believe I deserve a chance to defend myself.
    My life is not so easy in Boston. It's just me and Big Daddy with no family and no babysitters. That means we do not get one single break. My mom likes to persuade me to come home by using the I-WILL-WATCH-YOUR-KIDS-FOR-YOU-SO-YOU-CAN-HAVE-SOME-FREE-TIME thing. And I must admit that after spending 11 hours in a car to get to New Castle, I have every intention of taking full advantage of this offer. This, Mom, is my vacation.
    I will use it to keep in touch with my friends, start my blog, and not have to cook dinner, do laundry or clean. Thank You.
    Luv ya

    -HOUSEWIFE

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger Rachael said…

    I constantly forget about who reads my site -- that includes my parents and grandparents. Thank goodness I'm such a good girl ;)

     
  • At 5:30 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Nik, I love Bertha! I gonna give Andrea a wif at it. Careful Rachel, no matter how old you are, they're always watching you!

    P.S. Sorry Birdie, those 25 phone calls in the last hour were all me!

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Blogger Mirella said…

    Hee. Birtha's funny. I'm sure she feels vindicated now that her response has been posted!

     
  • At 6:18 AM, Blogger Mirella said…

    BERTHA, not Birtha. Mwahahah. That's what I get for trying to post a comment when I'm on the phone :)

     
  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger kpac4smiles said…

    I don't know if this is going to work... Let me try to see!

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger kpac4smiles said…

    Yea! It worked! I'm a blogger genious! Or maybe not... Here are two articles that will make everyone laugh. Joyce that works in the office here sent them to me. Enjoy!
    http://g.msn.com/0MNBUS00/2?http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6173286&&CM=EmailThis&CE=1
    and
    http://www.canada.com/search/story.html?id=3df412d4-499b-46f8-8a1c-dd4198b1b183

    I hope they work in here! You have to be pretty mad at someone to do this!

    Nikki, I have a special request. I think you should definitely post pictures of the girls! I miss them!

    Love you guys!

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger kpac4smiles said…

    Heck, I can't even spell "genius" right... I need spell check on here!

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    You are so good at this blogger thingy K-Pac, you should start your own, but I wonder who your harassers would be?!
    - Career Woman

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger kpac4smiles said…

    Would I have any??? Dear God, you're stronger than I am! I couldn't handle any! I think I'll just stick to reading you and Nikki's and responding that way!

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Bertha said…

    My home is not Resort de la Bertha.
    I will watch your kids anytime you would like but I will not be your room service.

    Keep up the good work girls, I'll try to keep my mouth shut from now on.

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Bertha ROCKS!

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger KyH said…

    Ok, so this is my first post to the website so let's see if it works. I've been reading all of the posts but obviously haven't commented yet. So I'm going to group all my comments into this first one. Nik, I really like the letter to the mammoth zit--you had me in tears. And to the #4 reason on your list--You're still Boro & don't forget Boro=extraordinary loudness. Morgan, ignore the anonymous posts because they are ridiculous. To the anonymous poster--you have to be a real low-life loser to attack someone & not even have to balls to leave your name. Soooo girls, great blog-I'll post later so you can take me off of the threatening email list! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home