A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Remember When...

No, this is not our lovely version of the hit Alan Jackson song, but it is a Career Woman and Housewife's version of the good 'ole days. Ya know what we're talkin' about? The days when you did not have a care in the world, other than what you were wearing to school the next day and who was going to be your ride to the next basketball game. Man, those were the days, weren't they?!

Housewife and I have decided to put together a list of particular Remember Whens. We are going to go back to those absolutely wonderful days at SHS back as far as we met in Mr. O's Social Studies class, when I, Career Woman, so graciously offered to take Nikki to her next class (she was lost...being a new student and all).

1. Remember when... Nikki was best friends with Monica Derosa? - whom is a stripper now, we do believe.
2. Remember when... Nikki and I were banned from being friends with Ryan because our parents thought he was crazy and homicidal? - all do to his letters that he'd write us during class about cutting off our legs and feeding them to our families.
3. Remember when... Me, Nikki, and MG came up with the ultimate commercial for Mr. O's class? "I don't want to grow up, because if I did, I couldn't be a Plants 'R Us Kid!"
4. Remember when... making those yarn bracelets during junior high were the best on the market during Science class?
5. Remember when... we went to dance camp for four years straight and me, Nikki, Alissa, and Aaryn all shared a room because Nikki and I had the coolest - whom in fact suffocated us with the Bengay being used all, and I mean ALL over our bodies!
6. Remember when... Jonquil was so fearful of the chicken patties at SRU's cafeteria that Nikki and I stole Chicken Patties from the headless men who worked there and put them in Jonquil's caboodle!
7. Remember when... Mark Gentsy named my leopard purse a not-so-nice name (a.k.a. p*ssy) and we made up nicknames for at least four people in our class all referring to genitals!
8. Remember when... Justin accused Rachel of eating "the food stuffs," during our mock trial? - Also do you remember how we lost - we weren't well liked! :)
9. Remember when... Ryan fell out of his chair during the mock trial and it was broadcasted over the school t.v.?
10. Remember when... Nikki picketed for a prom date at Duquesne University our senior year? Whom the person that offered, has turned out to be a serial killer - TRUE story!
11. Remember when... we would write poems/sonnets for all our enemies during study hall and of course Mr. O's class - they would have been published!
12. Remember when... Nikki made up her interview for her research report/presentation during Research with, should I say the name??? BILLIE P. RONDINELLI! (may I add that I scored an A- on that presentation...who's the fool?)
13. Remember when... Nikki was giving birth to Isabella, and Ryan, MG, Hasson, K.E. and me ran up to the hospital and I ran into a "certain someone" (wink wink) outside and proclaimed it to the maternity nursing staff during one of Nikki's contractions as she shouted "I don't give a f*ck!"
14. Remember when... We were at camp and we nicknamed a certain someone "Coochie Pants" - a million points to who can guess who that is!
15. Remember when... "Nothin', nothin', Now you're movin'!" was all we freakin' heard!
16. Remember when... Ladies Night, was the most popular song EVER!
17. Remember when... Jonquil watched Titanic, for the first time and had to go sit on the porch because she was so upset. "I'll never let go Jack, I'll never let go!"
18. Remember when... Morgan's mom got freaked by the man at Nikki's wedding, whom her dad nicknamed Robert Downey, Jr.?
19. Remember when... Michelle had to work and wouldn't go to Quaker Steak and Lube with us on our normal "All you can eat wings night," and we left eaten chicken bones on her car outside Giant Eagle.
20. Remember when... Me, Nikki, and Michelle would do anything to please Mr. McNees, so we sat in the first three seats in the front of the room and answered EVERY question possible so much that he had to ask us multiple times to "please put your hands down!"
21. Remember when... Kristin passed out like a billion times in the hallway as SHS?
22. Remember when... Eddie made something very funny and gross out of a paper towel holder in Social Studies in reference to me and I hated Nikki for 45 minutes because I thought they were making fun of me!
23. Remember when... Hasson was so obsessed with Dawson's Creek, Ryan dubbed her the nickname of DCF (a.k.a. Dawson's Creek Freak).
24. Remember when... Ryan stole all of the "Lawrence County Dog Show" Signs on Senior Hook-Out Day.
25. Remember when... The Pittsburgh Pirate Parrot regurgatated Michelle's head.


If you feel as though there are some Remember Whens we may have forgotten, please comment!

43 Comments:

  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Mirella said…

    Dance Line sleepovers at Mrs. O's house! SO MUCH FUN :)

    Oh lord, and I will never forget Jonquil doing "Run to the Arms of the One Who Loves You" at dance camp. We just cried over and over again, it was so funny!

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    I can't believe I forgot...remember the cornucopia (sp) dance that Me and Jonquil used to do at the beginning of every single practice...we def should have performed it at a basketball game.
    ~And speaking of Basketball games...nothing will ever beat the fun we had at the SHS vs. LHS games. Oh and our "benjamins" routine KICKED ASS!

    -Housewife

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Add it Nik!

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Add it Nik! "Puffy hold me down baby!"

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger kpac4smiles said…

    I remember the one when Nikki went into birth and we went flying down there! That was like the most exciting day of our lives! And, yes, I remember when you ran into, uh... yeah.

    Do you remember our senior year when Morgan and Michelle REFUSED to take the garbage up to the garbage cans and I had to!

    Or how about our senior trip to Ocean City and that "dream" hotel we stayed in?!?!?!

    Oh the memories... What about the T-Shirt that I made for your senior night (Morgan and Nikki) for basketball?

    I was crying when I read the one about Ryan falling off of his seat during the trial. Oh my God. I forgot about that!

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    OH MY GAWD... totally forgot about the great week in O.C.! Remember when Michelle, BAWLED over the room? And everyone though KP was Britney Spears!

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Nik,

    Remember when I would put my garbage on your tray before I was done! Where is that picture of Michelle and I taking up our own garbage on the last day of high school? Great times Girls!!!

    KP,

    Nothin, NOTHING, beat the Pocahontas shirt - You almost got your ass beat for that! And remember when we wrecked your mom's car in Ocean City and we went straight to Brandon's when we got home to "see what he could do."
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    oh do I remember when MG and Morgan wouldn't take their garbage up and we all made them on the last day of school. I have a picture of it! I can also remember Morgan spitting half eaten food into my tray on a daily basis!
    ~Hey KP, remember Avi from OC!And the Oh Shit Bar.....remember when the bird got into your parents car cause we left the sun roof open...lol!
    Housewife

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Remember when Alissa's nipples were "winkin' at her" at the Mohawk game! LOL

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    LOLOLOLOLOL... I forgot about her nipples! I think they always "winked!"

    -Career Woman

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    A gazillion points to the person that remembers the "Die Cow" poster that Ryan made and who it referred to....here's a hint it had a picture of a cow wearing Black Swishy Pants! LOL

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    You didn't say I couldn't answer this one so my guess is... The Real MG, hahahahahaha - yey me, million points!
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger kpac4smiles said…

    I'm dying over here!!! Ocean City... there are a lot of memories from that trip alone! I forgot about my lover, Avi! And yes, still to this day when I bring up the trip my parents have to "remind" me of the condition the blazer came back in!

    Morgan~ do you remember wrecking Loretta the Beretta?

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    These might be a few memories that only a couple may remember but I couldn't resist saying them:
    ~When Aaryn and Roid used to light candles and lock themselves in Rote's bedroom.
    ~Once upon a time when Morgan could't hold her liquor and would get the shits.
    ~When MG had her wisdom teeth out just before the New Years Eve Party at Rotes.
    ~Me and Morgan keeping count of Aaryn's glances to a certain part of her body.
    ~The LOVE VAN
    ~Morgan riding in Betty Jenkin's Hoopty, listening to the AM radio as she held the passenger side window up so the breeze wouldn't mess up her hair.
    GAWD- I could go on and on about those times!!!!!!!

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Who can forget all the sleepovers at the Kirkwood residence!!!

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    KP, remember when we had the blizzard and about 5 days off of school....we spent them sled riding down the hill infront of your house...we so could have fallen in your pond!!!!

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Sweet Jesus....do you remember when Big Daddy hit the goose in your driveway, KP, and he was so afraid to go into your house because I told him they were your mom's pets and he believed me! LOL Then your mom told him "Oh we hit them all time. I'll have Joe throW it in the back yard." But, it was still alive and Big Daddy had to go slit it's throat! eeww! lol

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Nik you are on a roll don't stop. What was the boys name who streaked across old butler rd at the kirkwoods camp out?!

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Nik... "yah kattthhy"

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    The Coyote in my back yard and Ryan in his trench coat!

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    I forget that kids name, but OMG was that funny or what?! How could we forget Kathy! "Jimmah, hey Jimmah" LOL

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Didn't Ryan write a poem about the Coyote???

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    He sent me an email - it was like a day dream or something, I still have it!

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Remember Ryan's Slut Cat?

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    REMEMBER WHEN ISABELLA TRIED TO BREAST FEED OFF OF JONQUIL!!!!!!

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Or when, K.E. ran out of the room and cried when she saw Sophia for the first time!

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger kpac4smiles said…

    What was the name of that game we used to play on the Dance Line/Majorette bus on our way to away games where we sat in a circle and slapped each other's hands??? About a frog... leaping... "1 2 3 ca plop"... ???

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    5 little frogs sitting on a log, one jumped off... something something something... little help out there!

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    I completely forgot about that song. What was that other one where we used to have to make ourselves look like a giraffe and and an elephant...I think we learned it at dance camp.
    -housewife

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger MissQuil said…

    ok my turn now, these memories are hysterical girls!! I def. laughed about Isabella trying to breast feed off me, and how scared I was to hold her. And yes Alissa, "run to the arms" was one of my finest moments. Nikki I will never forget our cornucopia (sp)dance and how could you forget when I use to stand against the brick wall at DL practice and pretend to be Beth. or when me and Nikki made fun of her "nature dance" or whatever the hell that was LMAO ok ok just 2 more I promise. When we were on are way to some football game, and I was sitting on the floor in the back between the "seniors" because us Juniors werent allowed, except me of course because Morgan and Nikki thought I was cool, well anyway remember when I got my hand and slide it down the back window like when she did in Titantic, when they were making love lol. and also this is a good one the night we were decorating the seniors houses for senior night and Alissa said she could hear me...cause of course we all know how loud I am lol, and the best of all, when I was decorating Morgans house I fell in the freakin pond. that was just great, let me tell you, IT WAS COLD, BUT WORTH IT, LOVE YOU GIRLS, BYEEEEE!!!!

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger The Dirty South said…

    I'm confused on the trench coat...
    Did I have one?

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger MissQuil said…

    ok im back already...lol the game that we played was when someone would go in the middle and yell out things that we had to be for example: giraffe, elephant, hotdog was my personal favorite, and then we would even have people be like mustard and ketchup and stuff, ya that was fun, we are def. crazy, but I do miss those days. lol OH YAAAA do you remember when I use to do "Wanna Play Game" what the hell was that, and why did I do that? lol please tell me if you remember that lol

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    MissQuil: I remember everything that you were talkin' about and I literally laughed out loud while reading, at work! How could I forget "Wanna play game" and "I won't eat my chicken!" You were very cool and always a part of us!

    The Dirty South: You were wearing nothing but a trench coat and when you took it off there was a sign around your neck that said....

    -Career Woman

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Rachael said…

    33 comments!! Looks like you don't need me anymore ;)

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger kpac4smiles said…

    I hate to say names while on here, but here are a few that may spark some memories and laughs!

    Leslie Timblin: hair balls, puke in her purse, infatuation with Mark Gentsey, "Bur Dap!" or however she used to say that.

    Karen Barnwell: Enough said...

    Drissy: Morgan's Ex-best friend ;)

    Jennifer Bell: her infatuation with Morgan's Man

    Why did our class have all of the weirdos????

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    K Pac - love it!!!!

    Rachel - Of course we need you girlfriend!

     
  • At 7:06 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    I think you are hilarious!!! I friend gave me your site today, and I'm in the middle of 'teaching' (I'm an English TA at Purdue University), and started laughing! I'm not setting a good example!

    Mind if I stop by (probably every day like four times a day since I'm addicted to online journals) and see how ya'll are doin?

     
  • At 7:10 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Erin, honey, you can drop by all the time! Thanks, we enjoy it! Much Love,
    A Career Woman and A Housewife

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger KE said…

    I finally decided to read this thing. And now you assholes have me sitting here at work with big huge tears rolling down my face because I'm laughing so hard.

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep up the good work
    »

     
  • At 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    morgan, your going to school for counseling and your writing about a person who needed it the most leslie timbin. i think your the one who needs counseling. not to mention your not cute. there you go. someone had to say it. as for michelle g. your fat now. do us a favor and google diets. making fun of derosa? hey at least she has a good enough body to be a stripper...unless you think of aaryn who got breast implants to cover up her insecurities.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home