A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

At Least I Tried

Erin has inspired me! She has taught herself how to knit. I'm deeply impressed by this. She is making herself a wonderful scarf...see.

I have been wanted to teach myself to crochet for years and now I have hope.

So today after I took Isabella to dance class, I went to JoAnn Fabric's and hooked myself up with crocheting equipment. I am determined. I am excited. I am hopeful.
After an hour of trial and error...I made a chain. Then I moved on to building onto the chain.
I was so amazed with what I had accomplished that I didn't bother to count my rows, that was mistake number 1. I also didn't pay too much attention to making my stitches the same length, that was mistake number 2. And I'm sure I made all kinds of other mistakes but, who knows, who cares, I was crocheting and whatever I was making was getting bigger! This brought me great joy.

So after about a half hour I made this.......

Posted by Hello

I do not know what it is. I do not know what it was supposed to be. I don't know what I will do with it. I'm not even too sure that it is from this planet. But it is crocheted and it was crocheted by me. YEY!
(I could possibly use it as a doilie for my lipstick....it's that small. Don't know. I do know that it definitely needs to be publicly displayed!)

Also, when I stood up, I was incredibly dizzy and I saw black spots. I was either concentrating way too hard or I need glasses. I'll need to do something about that.

Practice makes perfect. So I'll practice a little each day. Someday I might actually make something that's useful. And when I do....watch out....because all that my friends will every get from me, is something that I crocheted............ for Birthdays, Christmas, Weddings, New Baby's, Housewarmings...you get the picture. And you will all smile and graciously thank me and love it forever, that's an order!

-Housewife

5 Comments:

  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Mirella said…

    It looks like a heart! See, you made something and didn't even know it.

    And I will take a scarf. A black one. Thanks.

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    YAY FOR YOU!!!!!

    after i e-mailed you back, i got it out and went to town knitting, and had a fit of pms and pulled it all off and am starting over, but this time it loooks prettier already.

    YAY FOR YOU!!!!
    you deserve peach rings...haha

     
  • At 5:22 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    JUST BEAUTIFUL! You are the exact definition of a Houswife. And you can knit something for the future Edweena - just don't put that name on it, I'll have to deny you of all your crocheting abilities.
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excellent, love it! »

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home