A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Banks SUCK!

Not only do we hate Wells Fargo, we hate banks in general today. Okay. See, I am getting married in a year and some days. We plan on joining our accounts. I figured that I would take the big girl step and switch banks ahead of time, therefore it would be easier (you would think) when the time comes to join after the wedding. This is not the case.

Approximately a month ago, (thats right I said a month ago because who would've known it takes this long to say "Give me my money please" and "Thank You," then say "Please put my money away" and "Thank You"). So I called my bank. A month ago. In doing so, I ask the polite man who works at my bank what closing my account entails. "Oh mam, it's quite simple, just come in, make sure all checks have been cashed and we will write you a check for the amount that is in your account and you can deposit it elsewhere." Hmmm... Simple! Okay. So I called the toll free number, not everything went through yet. Shit. Then I decided to give up for a little while because I received a LOT of bills in the mail that week. I figured that I would write them out ahead of time for once and get this hoopla outta the way. Yeah right.

Apparently throughout the weeks, I must have mistaken the purpose of a debit card. I was aware that they "automatically" deducted the money from your account. Because it is not credit. And they are not cashing a check. Whatever. I was wrong again. This past Friday, I went tanning. I was informed that my package was used up so I bought another. I never carry cash since the invention of this "deducts at the pace of snuffaluffagus from sesame street" debit card. That is it's new name. Snuffaluffagus. I hate him. He sucks and he's slow. Therefore, I used my snuffaluffagus card to pay for my tanning package. $30.00. Friday afternoon.

On Saturday, Pumpkinface and I had checks to cash from the party, so I went to my bank, I wish that wonderful man was still working, but instead I walk up to the ass-ugly bitch at the counter. I say to the ass-ugly bitch behind the counter that I would like to close my account. She gets pissy. The ass-ugly bitch behind the counter is actually mad at me because I am trying to close my account. Throughout the process, thank the Lord that I keep a checkbook because this girl would have had no idea that she let me close my account when I still had checks out there and deductions coming. Do you know what she said to me? The ass-ugly bitch behind the counter had the nerve to ask me "Do you hate us? Is that why you are closing your account?" Well if it was any of her business, "No, I am getting married and we are going to another bank." (And somebody please tell me what bank employee ask if we "hate" them).

So I begin instructing the asshole behind the counter how to close an account. Right as she is getting ready to close it, I instructed her ugly-ass to make sure that the last $30.00 came out since I did it yesterday. Surely it would be out by now you would think! Nope, not out. What is the purpose people. So she said, "Try back next week, it should be out by then."

Okay so what if my ass had a check to write out for all I had in my account. And I wrote it with "insufficient funds" (hehe banker terms) and got myself a penalty charge. It has happened before. She's an asshole. So today, I call to find out the hours of my bank to go close my account. 4:30 p.m. Perfect. I get off at 4:00. I call the bank I am switching to. 4:00 p.m. Shit. I get off work at 4:00p.m. people. So now I have to wait another damn week to close it. Then of course, I am sure that at least 4 new bills with come for me that I have to send and we are back at square one. I hate banks....and Wells Fargo

-Career Woman

7 Comments:

  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    I hate banks. I've never liked banks. Tellers always seem so snotty to you, and no matter who else is in there, you always get sucked into a conversation about the weather. Ugh, banks give me the shivers. Thank God for online banking.

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    SCREW BANKS!
    -Housewife

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Anonymous legal jobs said…

    Thank you for your wonderful site. Although I did not find admin jobs as a directmatch to your site, I did however enjoy the career advice from other posts.
    Thanks again for being here!

     
  • At 7:25 AM, Anonymous career advice said…

    Hey everyone! Cool site! The customer support seems good and the technology jobs are endless. Maybe I will have a better directmatch searching for human resources
    since my keyword "customer care jobs" did not fit as intended.
    Glad I found you! Keep on keepin on!

     
  • At 5:35 AM, Anonymous admin jobs said…

    Hey everyone! Cool site! The customer support seems good and the technology jobs are endless. Maybe I will have a better directmatch searching for human resources
    since my keyword "customer care jobs" did not fit as intended.
    Glad I found you! Keep on keepin on!

     
  • At 12:40 AM, Anonymous admin jobs said…

    Hey everyone! Cool site! The customer support seems good and the technology jobs are endless. Maybe I will have a better directmatch searching for human resources
    since my keyword "customer care jobs" did not fit as intended.
    Glad I found you! Keep on keepin on!

     
  • At 3:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Xenical research phentermine diet pill

     

Post a Comment

<< Home