A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Looking Forward to the FIVE YEAR

My day started with Big Daddy waking me up at 5:00 a.m. to tell me Happy Anniversary before he left for work. I guess he forgot that he also woke me up at 2:30a.m. to tell me, as well. He also called me just about every hour while he was at work, just to remind me what he was doing 4 years ago at that time.

The 9:00a.m. phone call
Big Daddy: Nik, I was puking in my parents back yard right now cause I was so nervous

The 10:00a.m. phone call
Big Daddy: Nik, My Mom was forcing me to eat right now so that I wouldn't pass out at the alter

The 11:00a.m. phone call
Big Daddy: Nik, I was puking in the back yard again

The 1:30p.m. phone call
Big Daddy: Nik, the photographer was at my house right now, it took him over an hour to get a good picture because I kept running to the back yard to puke.

The 2:30p.m. phone call
Big Daddy: Nik, we were at the church right now, you were downstairs with the girls, I was puking in the vestibule

The 3:00p.m. phone call
Big Daddy: Nik, you were walking down the aisle right now...I was shaking so bad...you were so beautiful.
(AAWWEEE, I LOVE MY BIG DADDY)

The 5:00p.m. phone call
Big Daddy: We were headed to the reception hall right now, God was I hungry after all that puking, good thing I wasn't nervous anymore.

Big Daddy got home around 6:00p.m. I went to take a quick shower before we went out to eat. Big Daddy just couldn't resist sticking his head into the shower at 7:00p.m. to say "Nik, we were having a blast at the reception right now. "

Now that I am completely brushed up on my wedding day itinerary we headed out to eat at Olive Garden.

The girls were surprisingly good. I only got a breadstick thrown at me twice, this is quite an improvement. Isabella actually ate her whole meal and Sophia screamed at the lady beside us, until she waved at her. We seriously never leave a restaurant without every person there knowing what my children's names are and how old they are...Isabella will stop at every table on the out and tell anyone that is willing to listen, "My name is Isabella and my sister's name is Sophie. I'm this many (holding up three fingers) and Sophie is 1, cause hers stills a baby."
And of course every person will respond and encourage Bella to keep talking to them and SHE WILL, it does not take too much persuasion. It took us a good hour just to get out the door.
Mental note: ask for the table closest to the door, next time.
Side note: Isabella will give that same speech to EVERY cashier we meet at EVERY store we go to EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
It was so cute at first, now it's just exhausting. Every person will then smile and look at up me and tell me how adorable my children are and then I'm forced to smile back and graciously thank them and 8 out of 10 old woman will then have to tell me how their daughter was just like that when she was little blah blah blah.

So now we're home, Big Daddy has not forgotten to tell me that 4 years ago at this time (11:30p.m.) we were on our way to the hotel which he adds was his favorite part. Guess I got to go do something about that (wink,wink).

Oh and if anyone was wondering what Big Daddy and Housewife were doing 5 years ago on this date Check it out here.

Another year of wedded bliss!

Hopefully next year I'll have a babysitter!

N'ght y'all

-Housewife

UPDATE: It's Friday morning, Big Daddy called me at 8:00a.m. to say "Nik, this was our first whole day as a married couple." I'm beginning to wonder if this is going to go on for the rest of the day. Maybe he thinks I have forgotten all this.....who knows.....More than likely, it's just Big Daddy's way of being sweet and sentimental - that's why I love him so!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

    this time, four years ago, i was probably sleeping...as i was still in high school (cause i'm such a super cool college person now...whatever)

     
  • At 6:02 AM, Blogger Doug said…

    My anniversary (9 years)is not until August but every year my wife reminds me that during the vows, I was actually standing on her dress. She kept wispering to me to tell me to get off. I eventually realized it, and stepped off. I do not remember this because I was concentrating too hard on keeping myself from shaking uncontrollably and from puking at the alter.

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Yeah, Big Daddy was shaking so bad...when my dad was placed my hand into Big Daddy's hand I actually started vibrating because Big Daddy was shaking so bad. He was all worked up because he had to talk infront of people (it's a big fear of his.) I kept telling him weeks before the wedding that there would barely be anyone at the church and that the only people that do come to the church are just close friends and family members so he shouldn't feel too nervous saying his vows infront of them. Well......to my utter surprise, as I started walking down the aisle, THERE WAS STANDING ROOM ONLY in the church...I couldn't believe how many people actually came to the ceromony. Big Daddy's face was WHITE AS A GHOST. OOPS, I never lived that one down.
    -HOusewife

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger Judy Farrell said…

    Love your blog. I plan to bookmark it for future reference. Anyone interested in my blog on food, recipes, drinks and
    coupon grocery print

     

Post a Comment

<< Home