A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Friday, March 11, 2005

Power Outage

So I was going to begin an early, Friday morning post, but the electricity went out. So my computer shut down on me - I had a little fit, but then that fit turned to excitement. I told myself, "Self, if this stays out long...they may just send us home!" Oh boy I could get so much done. I can actually go to the bank and close and open my account. I could go to lunch with Pumpkinface. I could go up to the hospital with my mom and aunt to see Gram. I could get my nails done, AND tan! This day is lookin' up girlfriends!

The other girls in the office and I begin to plan our days. Who's cleaning their house, and who's going to the grocery store, and who will take the longest nap of their whole, entire life. The attorneys come in... more good news! Is this possible?! Apparently, someone hit a pole on the north hill and power is knocked out basically in the entire city of New Castle. All we are waiting for is the word from the commissioners that they are sending everybody in the courthouse home. Waiting....and waiting...and more waiting.

The detectives come in, more good news! Do you believe it? Hell week may just be over from it's beginning two weeks ago! "Penn Power is saying that they won't get the power back on until around 2:00 p.m." Well, hell. This means that we will get to leave. Surely they won't make us stay here without heat, light, or phones - providing us with no ability to work at all!

Well, we stayed....I got on my cell phone to call my mom and aunt and tell them that I would go with them to hospital and to lunch if we got sent home. Of course we would get sent home, it's cold out and penn power is spreading rumors that it won't be fixed until two. Just as I hang up the celly-yo, make 8 million promises, to do 8 million things today. God decided, "let there be light again." And here I am. Still at work. Blogging.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:55 PM, Anonymous customer care jobs said…

    Thank you for your wonderful site. Although I did not find admin jobs as a directmatch to your site, I did however enjoy the career advice from other posts.
    Thanks again for being here!

     
  • At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    John, hope all is well with your" legal jobs" search.
    Maybe you can find looking for "careers" at www.directmatch4free.com
    Just make sure you come back to this site to let us know how you are doing!

     
  • At 5:36 AM, Anonymous HR jobs said…

    Thank you for your wonderful site. Although I did not find admin jobs as a directmatch to your site, I did however enjoy the career advice from other posts.
    Thanks again for being here!

     
  • At 12:41 AM, Anonymous admin jobs said…

    Hey everyone! Cool site! The customer support seems good and the technology jobs are endless. Maybe I will have a better directmatch searching for human resources
    since my keyword "customer care jobs" did not fit as intended.
    Glad I found you! Keep on keepin on!

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home