A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Really Bummed

So Big Daddy can't get off work to take me into New Castle for the funeral, this has me all sad and feeling really bad about myself because I'm the asshole best friend that can't even be there for Morgan in this terrible time of her life. I suck. I shouldn't even be allowed to be anyone's best friend.

I also suck because being the awesome husband that Big Daddy is, he has offered to take me half way into Scranton PA and have my parents meet him there and take me the rest of the way home and if he does this that means he, a) will be driving back 5 hours by himself after spending 10 hours on the road and get up at 5:00a.m. and go to work the next morning. Just for me. and b)He would be doing this on Wednesday night and our 4th Wedding Anniversary is on Thursday which means we won't be together for it. But he is willing to sacrifice this, just to make me happy cause I want to be there for Morgan. I actually am thinking about taking him up on this. I suck. I shouldn't even be allowed to be anyone's wife.

So WHAT DO I DO???!!!!!!????

THIS IS THE MOST AWEFUL SITUATION/DECISION EVER!

I suck.

So now that I have concvinced myself that I am indeed the most terrible person IN. THE. WORLD. I still don't know what to do.

I mean Morgan has Pumpkinface to be by herside. Does she even really need me there? As a friend, should I even really care if she needs me or not, I should just be there, right?
On top of that, Morgan's Gram was a VERY WONDERFUL person that I knew. I should be there, anyway, even if it had nothing to do with Morgan.
I could send flowers and a card, I mean Morgan and her family will surely understand that I live far away now, right?
But I do have the opportunity to get home, but what about Big Daddy? I wasn't here to spend his last birthday with him, because I was in PA, and now if go home, I'll be leaving him all by himself on our anniversary. COULD THIS BE ANY WORSE?

I feel so shitty!

Any help?

-Housewife (who doesn't deserve to be a wife)

P.S. and please don't suggest flying, because I am deathly afraid to fly and absolutely REFUSE to do it for the first time by myself with the girls. Thank you. I know I suck.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Mirella said…

    Nik, you don't suck. It is so, so, so hard to live far away from family and friends, and this is one of the many reasons: sometimes you can't be there. If you can figure out a way to make it happen, that's awesome. But I'm sure Morgan and Gram know you want to be there and that you'll be thinking of both of them, and that's the most important thing.

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    you are not a horrible person and you do not suck.
    i think morgan would love it if you were there, and i think that if you didn't go, you would still be too worried about her on your anniversary that it just wouldn't seem special to you and big daddy.
    i say go - you'll have your moments with big daddy after you get back and because he really loves you just as much as you love him (or you wouldn't be going through the delimma) he understands. he knows you want to go and if he didn't understand, he wouldn't have suggested it in the first place.

    but, if you don't go, you do know that morgan and her family really do understand and you aren't being a horrible person.

    did that help? probably not...i'm just as indecisive as you are.

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger KE said…

    Nikki,
    I SUCK TOO. It's ok. At least we both suck. Poor Morgan has 2 asshole best friends/maids of honor. I don't care if Pumpkinface is cemented to Morgan's left arm, she still needs us. We suck. And not only was Gram wonderful, she was my ROOMIE for a short time! Yep, she let us live in her house and throw huge pool/beer parties. So I am extra-sucky.
    But do you know how much flights cost spur of the moment? A LOT.
    Nikki, I suggest you stay home and celebrate your anniversary with your husband (give him some LOVE) and we'll just both have to redeem ourselves in the best friend category at some point in the near future. Plan?

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    I just decided to hop on here for some laughs because I need it. Nik and KE, I would love for the both of you to be here, but I understand. You both loved Gram very much... Happy Anniversary
    -Morgan

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Best regards from NY! here

     

Post a Comment

<< Home