A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Updates

Update for Funeral:

Ok, so problem solved. My parents can't meet me in Scranton anyway. So I now have no way home, period! I still feel bad about not being home but at least now I know for sure that there is no way that I could have been there, this makes me feel a wee bit better. As for my anniversary, John and I will be going out to eat with the girls (cause we don't have a baby-sitter) I'm sure this will be unbelievably romantic and all, with screaming children, spilt drinks, flying utensils, pulled tablecloths, no alcohol, excapes from the highchair, saucy hands soiling my clothes, 5 trips to the restroom just so Isabella could see what it looks like and wash her hands, and at least 1 diaper change.
I could hardly wait (?)

The next update concerns my Wells Fargo fiasco:

Anyone who actually reads all of this will surely remember my circus act with the Wells Fargo call center. Who really could forget Ill-advised Degenerate Dave and Asinine Imbecile Jim, I mean they ARE the poster children for Customer Service. Huh!

During my phone conversation, last month with Wells Fargo, Asinine Imbecile Jim was able to tell me that their bills get sent out on the 21st of every month and that if I did not receive a bill by the 28th, to call them. (This completely made sense to me because if you remember my Grandma received my bill for March on February 28th) That may have been the smartest thing that Asinine Imbecile Jim has ever said. Yey him!

I have been patiently waiting until March 28th to see if my bills for April will come in the mail or if I will get a phone call my Grandma. March 28th rolls around - no bill and no phone call, HMMM.

I make the dreaded call to the Well Fargo call center once again.

Amazingly Mindful Monica answers the phone. (woooh, I was sure relieved not hear Dave or Jim's voice). Amazingly Mindful Monica is cheerful, she speaks loud and clear and is soothingly helpful. WHOO HOOO!

So I explain the whole situation to Amazingly Mindful Monica who, may I add, did not interrupt me once and actually sat there and listened to every word I had to say. I love her. After hearing my horrible story, she gives the cutest little giggle and says "Well I see the what the problem is right here."

Nikki: (smile ear to ear, thinking "please God, let her say something useful)

Amazingly Mindful Monica: It looks here as if we received the bill we sent you in February back. It was marked "undeliverable" by the Post Office. Anytime we get mail sent back to us, we automatically send the bill to the next available address on the account which was your Grandmother. Therefore she has been receiving all of the mail concerning your loan since January when we got February's bill back.

Nikki: Uh-huh, that is understandable, but I don't know why it would have been marked undeliverable? I've been getting all of my other mail.

Amazingly Mindful Monica: Your apartment number is listed on the first line of the address block on our computer, sometimes if billing doesn't correctly enter it on the second line of the address block, the computer cuts it off while printing the bill. So if it didn't show your apartment number, more than likely the postman sent it back.

Nikki: Oh, OK....can you fix it.

Amazingly Mindful Monica: I already did and I'll resend April's bill to you, you should still receive it in plenty of time before the payment is due.

Nikki: Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. You have been wonderful! I really appreciate it. But do you have any idea why Dave and the Supervisor Jim, couldn't just tell me that when I called about this a month ago?

Amazingly Mindful Monica: I'm not sure, this information would have been in the computer as soon as received the first piece of mail back, there is no reason they shouldn't have known this. I'm sorry.

Nikki: That's OK. Thank you so much. Bye.

It's like taking a breath of fresh air, talking to that Amazingly Mindful Monica...as for Dave and Jim, I hope they rot in hell!
I really hope this has put an end to my Wells Fargo hatred.

Next update, EASTER:

With everything going on, I didn't get a chance to talk about my Easter. It was very quiet and lonely. It was the first Easter that spent away from my family. Not too much drama.

The day started at 5:30a.m. when Sophia came climbing into bed with me and John. She had a mouth full of Hershey Kisses (and a little foil) and a box of Nerds in her hand. She obviously made a pit stop at the Easter baskets on her way from her room into ours. Sophia was ready to go, she couldn't wait to dig into her basket and open up all the little eggs we had hidden all over the livingroom. Sleeping Beauty (aka Isabella) on the other hand, did not want to wake up! We had to force her out of bed, she WAS NOT too happy about this. So I let them look for all the hidden eggs. Sophia went full speed again. Bella stood there half asleep, pouting with her arms crossed until I told her Sophia was going to get all the eggs and she would have any....then it was war.

After the egg hunt they opened their basket, got a bath and we headed off to Church.

We cooked a modest Easter Dinner just for the four of us and relaxed the rest of the day, watching Bambi and Shark Tales (the girls got them for Easter).
This was frequently interrupted by by Mom calling every 5 minutes, crying because we weren't there, calling to say who stopped by, calling to see what the girls were doing, calling to say my Grandma and Grandpa were there, calling to say that my aunt and uncle from North Carolina were in town and coming over to eat, asking me what I was doing, reminding me to send pictures, and every other question she could think of asking. Just as those phone calls seised, John's mom started. OY!

So that was that, not real exciting....but here's a pictures of the girls in their Easter dresses.





Easter Posted by Hello

7 Comments:

  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    awwe!!
    my mom used to make our easter dresses and we looked like idiots...
    i mean, we MATHCHED our kitchen walpaper...it was bad!

    glad you had a good easter and that the whole wells fargo deal is most likely over.

    if i were close, i'd so come babysit for you!!

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Rachael said…

    So glad everything worked out for you! One less thing for you to stress about.

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger Mirella said…

    I am going to steal your unbelievably adorable children and raise them as my own.

    Just a heads-up.

     
  • At 5:46 AM, Blogger Doug said…

    We bought new Easter dresses for my girls and I must have caught them "Trying them on" about 10 times before Easter. Were your's as bad? Mine love the holiday dresses. Well dresses in general. My oldest made a point of wearing a dress to school today. Pretty soon I'm going to have to learn how to clean a gun so I can be doing that when the boys start coming over.

     
  • At 7:52 AM, Blogger kpac4smiles said…

    Nikki~ First of all, why didn't you call me? Matt and I would have been more than glad to meet you and pick you girls up. It would have been a fun drive! Not to mention, my brother would have been happy to do so as well. Next time, remember to call silly!

    Second of all, KE and Nikki... I know how hard it has to be for you being away, but I will be sure to give Morgan four huge extra hugs tonight, two from both of you! Gram is looking down right now thanking you two for being such wonderful friends to Morgan for so long...

    Love you girls and miss you!
    Kristin

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    DOUG:
    hehehe....My girls LOVE to get dressed up, but the problem that I have with the oldest one is: she can't stand having her clothes on while she's home. The very second we walk in the door, she strips to her underwear. So........Easter was no different, she couldn't wait to put her pretty dress on and get out the door, but the dress, and the leotards found themselves in a pile right next to her shoes as soon as got home from Church. Hopefully, she'll grow out of it!

    Kristin:
    You are just too darn sweet...I sent you an e-mail.

    -Housewife

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home