A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Chuck E. Cheese Update

I got a phone call the other night from my dear friend Kpac4smiles. She wanted to tell me that she went to Chuck E. Cheese's and now fully understands the post I wrote about it.

Kristin...we would all appreciate a comment retelling your Chuck E. Cheese's experience, please!

The following night, Big Daddy and I were watching the NEWS and they were running this story about a Chuck E. Cheese's here in Boston. Apparently a young mother was waiting in line with her small child to get into the Chuck E. Cheese's Photo Booth. She was (understandably) annoyed that there were 3 teenaged girls sitting in the booth, talking. They were not getting their picture taken yet they had been sitting in the booth for over 15 minutes. The young mother politely asks the girls if she could get into the booth to have a picture taken with her daughter. The girls then brutally attacked the mother. Yep. Pulled her to the ground by her hair and began kicking her in the face and in the stomach. It became so violent that the police were called. Then backup. And before you know it, the restaurant was surrounded by SWAT teams...yes...SWAT teams.

Now, there were several birthday parties going on, not to mention all the other innocent children there. This occurred on Sunday and I do believe that Sunday is the busiest day at Chuck E. Cheese. The NEWS aired footage of the 3 teary-eyed girls being arraigned...they were 17, 18 and 19 years old. I'd like to think that girls of this age would have enough sense in their tiny pea-brains to not rough-up a mother at Chuck E. Cheese's. I suppose I expect too much of society. Furthermore, I could only hope that these girls had a legitimate reason for even BEING at Chuck E. Cheese's. Probably not.

I'd like to argue that, had there been any actually, real, know-how-the-fuck-to-be-a-parent parents at Chuck E. Cheese's, possibly this fight could have been broken up before men with machine guns ordered 4 year olds to get onto the ground and put their hands on their heads.

As if this isn't bad enough. Witnesses reported that NOT ONE PERSON FROM THE CHUCK E. CHEESE'S STAFF DID ANYTHING TO BREAK UP THE FIGHT. I cannot help but picture a bunch of yuppies in their red uniforms running for the Employees Only section and hiding, leaving panicked parents and scarred children to deal with this insanity, alone. And SURPRISE, the manager refused to speak to the NEWS.

They also showed the very swollen, bruised and cut-up victim crying to the NEWS camera about how this sort of thing isn't supposed to happen at Chuck E. Cheese's.
REALLY? YA DON'T SAY?

Am not going back to Chuck E. Cheese's. Ever.

I know there are a lot of new readers on the site, so if you are not familiar with my last Chuck E. Cheese's experience...please review it here, for a better understanding.

-Housewife

10 Comments:

  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Housewife, your writing is so wonderful, brillant, and intellectual - if I could only be like you!

    On to serious stuff....umm, you and your children are not allowed back at Chuck E. Cheese, unless Britney Spear's bodyguard is accompanying you!
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger MommaK said…

    Three things-
    1)That is an insane story! I can't believe anyone would do such a thing. What is going on with kids today??
    2)You have yuppies working at your Chuck E. Cheese?
    3)There is no way in hell 3 teenage girls are taking me down. Not w/o weapons- no way.

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    oh my gosh...thats insane!
    see? i hate stupid people, and i've always hated chuck e. cheese
    blech, that story makes me sick

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger KE said…

    Do anyone else's Chuck E Cheese's have BEER?! Because Atlanta's do! How bout mixing in some DRUNK parents! I know people that hang out there to drink, not show their kids a good time. What is this world coming to?!

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger kpac4smiles said…

    Oh Wow... I now refer to Chuck E Cheese as "Hell on Earth". That place should be out-lawed! No children should be allowed there! Matt and I took my future nephews there last Saturday and I swear I will never take another child into that place EVER AGAIN! Nik, you are so right when you say that the parents are the stupid ones! I can't believe that there are actually parents out there that would take a 2-4 year old (or older!) child there (or any place) and let them roam freely while they sit in the booths and talk amongst themselves! Seriously, do they not want their child anymore? Do they seriously think that this world is a safe place and their child is safe roaming around without any supervision? UM, NO!!!!! I can totally believe that those girls beat up that woman. They were probably left alone at the age of 2 or 4 to roam around Chuck E Cheese. Now look at them! (I should be careful on what I say. There is probably some phsyco out there that leaves there child run loose and they are going to send me hate messages!) Never again...

     
  • At 3:09 AM, Blogger LĂ©onie said…

    What is this place? I have a strange image in my mind of a place with ball pits, lots of kids and lots of cheese! Oh, and some pizza and photo booths. I don't get it!!!
    Your story made me laugh though, even if I didn't know quite what you were talking about!

     
  • At 5:14 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Leonie... my friend, you are totally right... Chuck E. Cheese is everywhere in the U.S. An indoor playground for children running rampid if you will. And you have that right, but add some skee ball games, and video games, and prizes galore and you have the insanity, we in America, refer to as Chuck E. Cheese!
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Oh and Leonie, Career Woman has forgotten the most important part of Chuck E. Cheese's, the Big Cheese himself, Chuck....yep, Chuck E. Cheese is a big ole' Mouse that plays music on stage with his band made out of....mmmm....well jeeze I can't even explain it.....try this site and see for yourself!LOL

    http://www.chuckecheese.com/main/AOLindex.php?clearHistory=1

    -Housewife

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep up the good work film editing schools

     

Post a Comment

<< Home