A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Monday, April 11, 2005

Ice Cream and Butterflies

Sunday = Family Day

Sweet Mother Nature has finally granted the great state of Massachusetts with beautiful weather. And to be extra nice she allowed the beautiful weather to actually extend until Sunday. Sunday is the only day of the week that Big Daddy gets off of work and no matter how nice the weather has tended to get over the last 8 months, Mother Nature has allowed it SHIT on us every single Sunday. But not yesterday! No sir-ree! It was 78 degrees Whoooo-hooo!

We started off the day at The Butterfly Place. (My fat ass did not consume any kind of gooey, krispie, marshmallowy product of any kind Sunday morning and I was free and clear of going places that I planned to go!) We had a really fun time until the 85 degree controlled climate in the atrium made Big Daddy and I very hot and irritated parents of toddlers and could not run for the door fast enough while trying to see through the flood of perspiration flowing down our foreheads.

I was able to take very rare and beautiful pictures of our fluttery friends that you can see, here.

~And the reason you have to go there to see them is because I have officially fired Hello and they are no longer permitted to show my pictures because their stupid program is too damn confusing and I don't like them. But I will use them like a dirty whore, if I have only 1 picture to share and talk about with you. I can handle 1 picture, with them. Thank you.

Then we went to Kimball Farm for some homemade ice cream. Yey! While we were there we walked around and visited the farm animals. Fun! You can view those pictures here.

We drove around the rest of the day and enjoyed the nice weather.

If your beginning to think that we are one of the those cheesy families that spend every Sunday together doing things that seem fun to children but are actually educational and if you think we spend our free time getting thrills out of farm animals and other somewhat lame things - chances are - You're Right!

-Housewife

6 Comments:

  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Doug said…

    Last year I took my 2 oldest kids to a place here in PA where you can dig for fossils (real fossils not planted in a rock pile by some hippie fossils). They loved it. However, whenever I mention it to people, they look at me like I'm nuts. But if I know kids, and keep in mide my 3 are all girls, they love dirt. The more dirt the better. The more stains they can bring home, the better.

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Doug, that's the best kind of FUN you can have. Good old clean, dirty fun! I think sometimes, little girls are more into snips, snails and puppy dog tails than little boys. You wouldn't believe the creatures my oldest will pick up with out thinking twice. Eww.

     
  • At 5:30 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Um okay, new pictures for my desktop of my computer. I told Pumpkinface about your Sunday outing and we laughed b/c we were sure of Big Daddy's face running around the Butterfly kingdom. Haha. Love the family days!
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

     
  • At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home