A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

It's Sunday...You Know What That Means

Today, we went to Worcester. And before you go and say it like it's spelled, I'll tell you how you say it like a true Bostonian. Woosta. That's right, repeat after me WOO - STA. Now that's better. I've just prevented you from getting stared down like your some kind of hick, by every New Englander on the planet. As long as you continue to speak like you are 2 years old and have a problem pronouncing your R's, we'll be in good shape, people!

Why were we in WOOSTA?

To see the Rinlging Bros. and Barnum and Bailey Circus, of course! What else would this happy little family do on Family Fun Sunday?

Oh and don't you worry, there were Animal Rights Activist promptly stationed at every entrance, picketing. They were handing out pamphlet with pictures of beaten elephants that had chains wrapped tightly around their bleeding ankles. Most of the pamphlets ended up littering the ground, though. None of these people were going to give up tickets that they've purchased months ago and disappoint their anticipating children by turning around and walking away because some girl who calls herself "Rainbow" is begging them to. And I'm very sure that Rainbow was making phone calls to her friend "Sunshine," the Save A Tree Activist, because the sight of all that wasted paper on the ground made her cringe.

I paid close attention to those elephants, in fact, they were my favorite part of the show. They are so beautiful, graceful and majestic. I looked very closely at their ankles too, not a one looked beaten or bloody. They looked very healthy and happy to me. I think I even saw one smile.

Think about it. If you had a choice, as an elephant, to spend your days roaming a hot and sticky plain, fighting off the flies that are eating away at your dry skin, searching for your next meal that may take days for you to find, running from hunters and hungry lions, hoping you come across an oasis for a drink of water....OR...would you rather lounge around backstage all day in the air condition, getting sponge baths from the pretty circus girls, getting tons and tons of human affection, having your meals served to you everyday with cold water, and you'd get to wear pretty sparkly things and be in the spotlight, bringing smiles and laughter to millions of little children all around the world. I don't know about you, but I'd take the celebrity life, hands (or trunks) down!

Did I mention that the elephants were my favorite part of the show? I even gave them a standing ovation...Big Daddy may have been a little bit embarrassed by this, oh well. Not to show any kind of partiality, but one elephant's name was Nicole, and awe was she purrr-rrrdy!

I won't bore you talking about the whole Circus, but it wouldn't have been Family Fun Sunday without Housewife and her sidekick Camera. So as always if you'd like to see pictures, you can go here.

-Housewife

_______________________________________________________
Disclaimer: Before any asinine activity occurs on this site, because I may have been at the brink of yet another controversial issue, I'd like to say that my true belief is all animals should be left alone in their natural habitat. However, when you have a situation where the animals were raised in captivity, I believe that it is in the animals best interest to continue to be raised in captivity because it lacks the skills needed to survive in the wild.
In all hopes, this will satisfy any anonymous commenter that wishes to send me hate mail. Thank you.

11 Comments:

  • At 6:46 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    I am annoyed that it is apparent that we need disclaimers now. Dumb. Asses. Anywho, you did not tell me you were going to a circus skankest! How exciting! Did you see any monkeys? I did want to be a trapeze artist when I was younger. hehe.
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger Doug said…

    I haven't made up my mind if it will be the circus or the Ice Capades this year. BTW: I think the funniest part was the disclaimer. That cracked me up.

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    good thing you wrote that disclaimer because i was about to make remarks about how people who think animals should be in captivity are...er, wait...
    shit, i don't have an argument....


    i think the pictures are so cute! passed out on the way home! i would have been passed out too after all that excitement!!! i'm glad you had fun, makes me want to go to a circus!

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger MommaK said…

    Hey Nikki-
    I recently went to a circus (my first since I was 6 and the very first for my kids)and we had a blast. I swore I would never go to one because I have clown issues. But this one was clownless, thankfully. I enjoyed the show but was sad to see the beautiful tigers so drugged up and captive. It made me feel a bit barbaric.

    Anyway, enough about me. I'm so glad you popped over from Erin's to say hi. You two have a great place here as well. Hope to chat with you again real soon:-)

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger TrueJerseyGirl said…

    Bah, no disclaimer needed. Blogs are for expressing yourself, not for making others happy.

    Anyway, I can't wait till my daughter is old enough to go to the circus. And the best part around here is that when they go from NJ into NYC, the big animals apparently walk through the Lincoln Tunnel! Or so my husband tells me. I have to see that!

     
  • At 6:00 AM, Blogger KE said…

    Aw. Family Fun Sundays. Me and Ryan (d-d-dirrty south) had our family fun Sunday too. The usual, get drunk and eat sushi and chocolate fondue. And he made me suck down some oysters, freshly dead (supposedly), too. This was all after going to church to spend some time with Jesus, and then spending our weekly earnings at Armani, of course. But my lovvaa had 20% coupon this week! Yey! I do love that white boy. And black people. And elephants. And Jesus. And America. Are we clear?

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    we are clear!
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Hi everyone....just catching up on my comments here...there has been so much drama on the site lately I'm beginning to forget the purpose of this blog JEEZE!

    SO................

    Career Woman,
    You would have made a wonderful trapeze artist, it's not too late you know...nothing would make mama and papa prouder and than ditching your 100 grand education and running away with the circus.

    Doug,
    Ice Capades are fun, but really, there are no elephants there.

    Erin,
    Good thing I wrote that disclaimer, huh?

    MommaK,
    Funny you should mention the drugged up tigers...there were drugged up Lions at this circus, I actually started to write about how "Rainbow" should have been protesting about the Obviously Doped Up Lions, but then earased it cause I figured that I said enough stuff that might piss some people off. Oh well...seems like we think on the same page, though. So glad you stopped by!

    truejerseygirl,
    Now I really want to see the animals go through Lincoln Tunnel, how exciting...that might actually be more amusing than the circus itself!

    KE,
    You make me laugh so hard...I think I read your comment about 5 times just cause it makes me giggle! Hell, I'm going back to read it again.
    Oh yeah and WE'RE CLEAR!

    -Housewife

     
  • At 5:32 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Skankest...

    Momma and poppa would NOT be proud... lol, but I would be damn good at it...

    -Career Woman

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very nice site! » » »

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home