A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Friday, April 22, 2005

Randomness

I am totally bored at work today. Afterall, it's friday, and who works on friday. Which leads me to something random...

Pumpkinface and I picked our song! Yey! Well, I thought that we picked it like months ago, but two nights ago, he called on his way home from work, super excited and said that he found our song. So, he turned the radio up real high and had me listen to it, and it was already the song that we picked! But, I joined in on his happiness, because he was proud of himself, and he is so damn cute when he makes exciting comments about the wedding. Oh, you'd probably like to know which song it is: Cher and Peter Cetera - Afterall. Totally. Us.

We are going to a sock hop tomorrow, possibly sponsered by Housewife's mama Bertha, and I'm sad because if Housewife was home, we'd all be going together, but she's not so I'll be embraced with sadness and a big gaping hole without my skankest. Which I am suprised that we have never used the term "skank or skankest on this blog."

All through high school, that's how we referred to each other. One was skank, and the other was skankest. We still do that everytime we make a phone call, they go something like this:

Me: What are you doing skankest?
Housewife: Nothin' much skank, what's new with you?

(Then it is typically some stupid comment about our blog, or our lovechild Erin, or that assface Kaiser, but whatever the topic we are sure to call each other skank).

I have also decided that it is absolutely crucial that I own a digital camera. I am a picture fanatic, but always hated digitals because I felt as though you had to work so hard to get a hard copy, but with this whole blog thing going on, totally need one.

Oh, and does anybody know the word "skeeve" or what it means besides people from New Castle. My roommates in college, down in Pittsburgh, had no idea what I was talking about when I said that I "skeeved something." A million points to a non-NCer who knows what it means.

And what about "yins," most educated people hate the use of that word, but I sometimes do still use it... Master's degree and all, can't forget where I came from! Anybody else say that word out there?

Hmmm...what else. Oh yeah, I've given up on the french manicure. I am stick and tired of yellow, jondus-colored nails. And I will NOT give up tanning. So, tonight when I get my nails freshly polished... they will be a bright, summery color, maybe a pink.

I cleaned my ring today. It is so damn shiney! I love it when I clean it every other day! I will admit that I am obsessive with it, but eh, it gots it some diamonds peeps!

I am almost done with my practicum. Thank Jesus lovelies, because I was getting sick of staying work until 2:00, then going to the school and not eating lunch.

Well, everyone have fun this weekend. I'll let ya know about the sock hop! (can't take pictures though and post them because I don't have a damn digital camera)!
-Career Woman

10 Comments:

  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    yyyyaaaayyyyyy!

    not sure why the yay, but yay nonetheless!

    um, that song? i sing it all the time. on my itunes...chicago, peter cetera - most of the cd's loaded into my computer.

    and, uh, i clean all my jewlery at least once a week - i must be shiny!

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Like we said... Erin, do you miss mommy(ies)?! Lol!
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger KE said…

    Regarding the yellow nails - the vietnamese peeps down south have figured out that we southerners need suntan lotion nail polish atop our freshly french-manicured nails to keep them white. So I'm sure it's out there to buy, or ask the salon if they have it to use as a top coat.
    I must admit - I had my fake nails removed yesterday and am going au natural at the moment - but they're still pretty and french manicured, let's be serious.

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Not to worry, it's totally my mom's party and I'm sure my sister will send me pics, so I can post them even though I won't be there and that brings big ole' alligator tears to my eyes! Ya know it figures that you'd be going when it's the one thing I can't make it home for! Damn! Bertha has been there all day decorating...I'm so jealous. I go to it every year...it's soooo fun!

    No one knows what "Skeeve" is here, either...and I completely quit using the word "Yins" because of the weird looks I get everytime.
    But I throw the dirty looks back at these Bostonians every time they say "WICKED!" I can't stand it!!!!

    And I CAN'T GET A DAMN TANNING APPOINTMENT so I have no problem with yellow nails...but I'd take yellow nails over this white-chalky skin that I'm sporting.

    -Housewife aka Skankest

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger The Dirty South said…

    It's no longer "yinz" for me...it's "ya'll," and instead of saying "I am getting ready to go to the store" it is "I am fixin to go to the store." And all "Pop" is "Coke" even if you really want Sprite...and don't you dare ask for Pepsi...you will be shunned. If you ask for tea...the odds are your going to get Sweet Tea...and they don't call it sweet for nothing. There is about 4 lbs of sugar in each glass......

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger Susie Sunshine said…

    Ooh OOh! Pick me! Pick me!

    "Skeeved" is to be slightly freaked or grossed out.(I just got a little skeeved taking the skin off the drumsticks before throwing them in the crockpot.)

    WHERE'S MY PRIZE, DAMMIT?!

    And I love 'After All'. Enough drinkage and I'll even be a soloist for you, for FREE because I am THAT KIND OF generous, people! :-)

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Skeeve Stevens said…

    I'm running around getting people to not use the word 'Skeeve' for something creepy or so on since it is my name. Last thing I want is for it to get into common usage, and when I go 'Hi, my name is Skeeve' and people laugh at me. What fun would that be.

    ...Skeeve

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very nice site! »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home