A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

A Bunch of News

Okay, first thing is first... Ashlee and Billy got engaged Saturday night. For those of you who don't know, Billy is Pumpkinface's cousin and best man in our wedding, and Ashlee is one of my very dear friends whom is also a bridesmaid in my wedding. It's another wedding, which means that K.E. and Scottie (my maid of honor and Pumpkinface's other bestman) are the only two left out of our "group." But they are living in sin...hahaha, KIDDING K.E. Hip-hip-hooray! So, congratulations to them!

In other news, today is the primaries for the District Attorney and Judge race back at home in good 'ole N.C. My current boss is running for Judge which is so exciting, and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, just because, my current boss and neighbor may become judge and if I ever decide to like kill somebody at my university or something, maybe he will cut me some slack. You think? Probably not. But anyways, I think it is really cool, that I will vote today, for my second time in my life for something I feel is pretty darn important! I might be working the polls tonight with my good friend MG (another bridesmaid of mine)because my boss is her uncle. Vote Mangino!

On to something else, I am in my second week of summer classes, which means that I only have three weeks left! Is that awesome or what?! This getting home so late bullshit is getting real old, but it's worth the six credits I won't have to do in the fall, Fo-Sho. And I did run into Roly-Poly last night. If I may remind you, Roly-Poly is the one that I have grown to hate throughout the last few weeks. He is the one whom has accused me of doing the things that the bug-eyed professor has blatantly lied about, and asked me to "stop emailing him," because in more or less words, he stated that they have bigger fish to fry. So, I have done what was asked of me. I have not contacted anyone, (until possibly today, because I am pissed all over again), and of course, they have not contacted me. But I run into him last night on my way to my second class. I am sitting on my bench with my friend Rachel and two other classmates talking about the fact that the professor we have for the second class favors Rachel and I, when Roly-Poly walks up to me. I say to myself, "Self, he is either going to say something smart and you are going to have to stab him in his eye with your pen, or he is going to tell you good news regarding the bug-eyed bitch who's mission is to ruin your life and reputation." He did neither. Right. So you are thinking to yourself, "What the hell could he have said?" Well here is the conversation between him and I:

RP: Your hair is beautiful!
CW: 'Uh, what, 'uh, 'er, huh?
RP: Your hair - It's gorgeous! What color do you call that?
CW: (Obviously in a state of shock and disbelief) Um, it's called "I was blonde, then I wanted to be a redhead, now I am trying to be a blonde again." (what the f*ck is he talking about?)
RP: Well, it is just beautiful, some girl in my last class has hair color and styled just like yours and I just love it! (To another student): "Isn't her hair just beautiful?"
CW: Ummm...'er, ok, thanks.

OKAY - SO WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ABOUT?!?!?!?!?!?! Did this man not hate me, did this man not state that he does not have time for me, but he can take time to admire my hair, rather than my desire for an A? What is wrong with this world? So, now I am at a fork in the road. Do I contact Two-Ton Tessie regarding whether or not she has contacted the bug-eyed bitch, (because I am too worried he might enjoy my bra size or something next time I run into him), or leave it alone, AGAIN, until they decide that I am important? Sidenote: Three colleagues of mine who had the same class I did and are not satisfied with their grades have contacted the bug-eyed bitch and she was a snot to them as well. How freakin' professional, right? So, I advise all three of these students to contact Roly Poly or Two Ton Tessie regarding their concerns so that I do not appear to be the only wackjob with this concern!

Well off to do something productive and in my job description for the day. Oh and I think that I am getting a pedicure on Friday, I am excited about that! Have a wonderful day!
-Career Woman

12 Comments:

  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger Doug said…

    Was your hair styled like Princess Leia from Star Wars. I mean, if that was the case, he could have thought they were cinn-a-buns or something. Or maybe the hair color reminded him of the 12 deserts he ate last night.

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Rachael said…

    Ewww! Creepy!

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger TrueJerseyGirl said…

    What a freak!

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Doug has convinced me...I'm sure that your hair must have reminded him of some kind of foodstuff. Yes, I said foofdstuff.
    -Housewife

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Bumbling Bav said…

    What.... he must be on drugs. Loving you one minute and no A the next!

     
  • At 2:06 AM, Blogger LĂ©onie said…

    That is SO strange! As if he'd completely forgotten about your conversation(s). I agree with Doug as well.. But then I have just looked at that photo of you and your hair only really reminds me of, well, hair. I mean, nice hair, but still hair.. he must LOVE his food if he can make such a leap!

     
  • At 5:28 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    UPDATE: They called me last night to inform me that I now "allowed" to contact the professor for a meeting and if she does not agree to change my grade, then I am allowed to file for a grade appeal!
    Time to rock the hiz-house kiddies!
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 6:36 AM, Blogger KE said…

    I hate you.

     
  • At 6:48 AM, Blogger The Dirty South said…

    and that was a ke comment....

     
  • At 6:48 AM, Blogger The Dirty South said…

    and that was a ke comment....

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    haha! hi!
    i've been gone....sorry!!!
    i mean, you do have gorgeous hair, but RP is a fruitcake. or maybe he was just thinking of fruitcake, ha!
    tell us what bug-eyes said, tell us what bug-eyes said!!!

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Bug-eyes didn't say anything, two-ton tessie was the one who called me giving me the "go ahead" to contact bug-eyed, I sent her an email about an hour ago, and nothing so far - I am going to f*ck her up!
    -Career Woman

     

Post a Comment

<< Home