A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Can you click on Unemployed and a Housewife?

Well, it just keeps gettin' better...

Ya, so I lost my job. Yep, you read right. And don't all go and get "good for you for blogging all the time" on me, because I wasn't fired, instead they ran out of money on the grant I am on, meaning, no money to pay me, meaning, I'm not working for them anymore after next friday, June 3. But don't just feel bad for me, they're shitcanning two attorneys too - nah, just feel bad for me. So anyways, what 'oh what should we name this blog now? A LowLife and a Housewife? Unemployed and Houswife? Ex-Apprentice and Housewife? "You're fired" and A Housewife? How about "Eat Shit 'n Die" and a Housewife?

Well guess what, we aren't changing the name! Because I just figure that by the grace of God, something should open up for me - afterall, I am college educated and will have my master's in less than one year. So I should be cut some slack any day now, wouldn't you think? Yeah, you would think. But I really don't live in the metropolis of greater opportunities. So having a college degree in N.C. really doesn't mean much. Sad...I know.

So the moral of the story - I. Am. Bummed. At least I will be getting a camera and that can fill up some space until I find myself a Big Girl Job - rather than wasting all your tax dollars on unemployment (I promise I won't do it for long - I'm sure I'd be getting hate mail for this). Hey, someone should make blogging a career - I'd make millions! Or maybe if American Idol called me up and asked me to be the fourth judge, that would be grand! But that just isn't how the real world works. Sadly enough, I am going to have to job hunt - again. Fill out applications, send out a million resumes and beg and plead for a position to probably make like $3 an hour doing something I hate just to pay for my insurance so I can get allergy pills so I don't die or take an attempt at my life.

So now, because I am pissed, I don't plan on working much for the next week and a half. Nah, i think I'll blog, take some paid time off, and suck this county for every penny I am worth. Now, perhaps I can spend some time getting over this terrible flu I have, finishing some school work, and fighting with the bug-eyed bitch on my down time. Hey, I just had a thought, maybe my boss read my "Things That Have Annoyed Me In The Last 24 Hours" post yesterday and thought I needed a break. Ha, wouldn't that be funny? (Probably not).

I am going to go clean off my desk, take down some pictures of my favorite people hung all over my office and read some more blogs - sound like a plan?
-Career Woman (oh how it pains me to type that!)

16 Comments:

  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Bug said…

    Well. That just sucks!

    I don't know how it is in the US but it's TOUGH to find a job in Australia so GOOD LUCK! Fingers crossed for you, m'dear!

    (on the upside, think of the sleep-in time. For a week or so, at least!)

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Thanks! - that is an up-side!

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger KE said…

    Sounds like if you move to Atlanta, we could kill 2 birds with 1 stone... Should we go ahead and set up an interview?

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger -xtessa- said…

    as you said on my blog... this world just ain't right!

    and i would be rooting for you as the 4th judge of american idol. it's about time they add spice to that show!

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    oh, i know how you feel.
    i was fired last year, halfway through the summer and wasn't able to find a job to fill the rest of my summer.

    and i just finished filling out forty million job applications.

    but? the good things?
    you can look like shit the entire day and nobody will have to know
    you can sleep in
    you can stay up extra late - cause you ain't gotta get up in the morning
    you can start being roly poly's bff and bring him food all day long
    and you can come visit me! oh! that would be fun! i know both workplaces that i'm at are still hiring...ohhhh....that would be too cool!!!


    one of my favorite saying's is, "keep your sense of humor. there's enough stress in the rest of your life to let bad shots ruin a game you are supposed to enjoy"....and my dear, you are definately hilarious, so all will be perfect.

    just think of this as more time to shop!

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger TrueJerseyGirl said…

    OH NO! That totally sucks. All you can do is relax a little while and then dive back into the careerwoman lifestyle.

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Bumbling Bav said…

    How about you join me in the UE Tanning team (unemployed)!!! Oh we will open a spot for you. Yes the money is shit and the few.... oh yum!

    Andrea

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Bumbling Bav said…

    OOPs that should say VIEW... but hey, dem is some hot shit out there!

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Taylor said…

    So sorry for you. You sound like a great woman so I'm sure some kick ass company will snatch you up soon ;)

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger The Dirty South said…

    You can work for KE...she needs people and I'm sure you can handle a minimal amount of work...imagine it...working for Tig Ol Bitties

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Kristen said…

    Oh No!!!! Youll find somthing...Like you said college educated...hehe you just have to find somewhere that appreciates that (and a good sense of humor, cause I mean Eat shit n' die isnt your typical blog name!)

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger KE said…

    Yes, and Tig Ol Bitties pays very well. With special "benefits" ;)
    FYI - the pic of Dirty South USED to have KE, but I was apparently cut out along with our drunker-than-the-drunkest-white-girl-in-history in the middle. Ass.

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger The Dirty South said…

    i had to cut you out to fit it....i'll post the whole picture one day just for you...better yet we will take a new one with you in the A slash X billboard...

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger Spurious Plum said…

    Dammit! Want me to kick anyone's ass? I just met you, but I'll totally do it.

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Oh I gotta list of people's asses you can kick! lol!
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger millennium hippies said…

    hiya! here from michele's! sorry to hear about losing your job. maybe after paula's shenanigans (sp?) with that idol kid, they'll be looking to replace her. i'll vote for ya! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home