A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Friday, May 27, 2005

A Few Shout Outs

First of all I want to say Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all you great people out there! The sun is finally shining on New England after 5 long dreary days and guess what? Big Daddy has to work All. Weekend. Long. That means that little ole Housewife and her children will be celebrating Memorial All. By. Ourselves. No family. No friends. No Big Daddy. But there is no time to be sad for me people...Oh no...You have lots of wonderful people to go visit in the blogging world today...Yes you do.....................

Since I'll be pretty much glued to computer for the next three days, as I usually do when I'm in dire need of adult human affection (hey I take what I can get, ) I'll be participating in Michele's Meet N' Greet more times than many of you would like me to this weekend.

And because I figured that new and old people will be visiting here I'd like to give a few shout outs to some blogs that I have come across lately so that you can go enjoy them too! Fun.

You have visit Slacker Cafe. It's a brand spanking new blog so you only have a few short post to read and then your all caught up and ready to follow the life of Meier Queen. If you enjoy A Career Woman and A Housewife, you will surely enjoy Slacker Cafe. All the rants with a twist of heart. Go on over and wish her Happy Birthday!

Now most of you may already know and love Vegemite at day in the life of vegemite in a jar and if you don't then stop on over there and fall in love with Vegemite's adorable aussie cheer and you HAVE to participate in "The Challenge" it's hilarious! She is going to write a themed story by using all the quoted sentences that you leave in her comments. Follow her directions and be creative...this should be a great to read when it's all over...but hurry she only has it open until 5-30 -05 Aussie time!

And last but not least...go on over and see Erin at Calling This Home. Erin has 2 funny open letters for you and a third open letter that I'd like to direct your attention to. Give Erin your thoughts on her situation, I'll be checking back there and reading them too cause I'm interested to know how many of you would handle this. As a mother, it's crazy for me to think that a person could be so ungrateful...So of course...when my feathers are ruffled...You know what I do.....

An Open Letter to the Ungrateful Squawk From Podunk That Made My Friend Cry
(A Letter of Outrage I voluntarily wrote to defend my friends honor)

Dear Ungrateful Squawk From Podunk That Made My Friend Cry,

It has been brought to my attention that you have taken a good friend of mine for granted. And may I remind you that she has been nothing but beneficial to you for the past 7 years. There was a time, Ungrateful Squawk, that you sincerely appreciated what Erin has done for you. I know this simply from your actions of making a room in your home for her and including her in your family photos. Erin, has embraced your family with open arms in return, caring for your children as if they were her own and putting her own schedule aside to accommodate you and your life. These are qualities that are often sought after but rarely found in a nanny and with Erin you have truly struck gold. As a mother, this is something that you hold onto and cherish for as long as you can. Erin has not only provided love and attention for your children when your not able to, but she has also been there for YOU as a friend when you needed help with cleaning.

This is where you become the Ungrateful Squawk. Instead of commending Erin for her unbelievably loyal and admirable services, you choose to belittle her and embarrass her infront of your friends. Stating things such as "Oh that's just 'the help' " and "Well, I guess it's time to get a nanny-cam" are not good ways to show your gratitude. Let me let you in on a little secret, Ungrateful Squawk, those who choose put other down in order to make themselves look better ARE ASSHOLES. Got it. Good.

And here is the kicker and also the part where you become not only the Ungrateful Squawk, but the Ungrateful Squawk From Podunk. It is known that you came from NOTHING. It is also known that you now live lavishly off of your drunken husband's money. I have nothing against people that have gone from rags to riches... This is a situation I pray that most people from Podunk find themselves in at sometime in their life. But YOU, Ungrateful Squawk From Podunk, don't seem to realize your luck and you are shitting on it. You are blessed to be able to live in a brand new $1 Million home, you are blessed to be able to run around with your friends all day and you are blessed that you have a person such as Erin to leave your children with as you run around frivoloulsy and leave even your friend's obnoxious children for your nanny to watch and you only PAY HER $7 an hour when lord knows you could afford to pay her more. I could just spit on you.

Not only have you been treating Erin like shit but your children are so out of control (presumably from the fact that they have such an ungrateful, selfish mother) that they abuse Erin by kicking and scratching her and you DO NOTHING about it. Wow, you are just a gem!

This has understandably hurt Erin's feelings and she is such a great person that she left the room to cry and hide her hurt feelings rather than tear you a new asshole infront of your stupid little friend... And that makes you the Ungrateful Squawk From Podunk That Made My Friend Cry.

Someday life will come back to bit you in the ass, Ungrateful Squawk. You are a disgrace to every mother that wishes she had such freedom as you. And on behalf of all those mothers I like to say "F#CK YOU."

Sincerely
-Housewife


OK, so don't forget to go visit these people and Have a Fun-Filled Weekend!

-Housewife

14 Comments:

  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger Dawn said…

    This is the first time I have ever come acros your blog...I will be back for more.

    I will go to slaker cafe and I visit Erin and Vegemite all the time.

    Have a great weekend! I am here via Michele

     
  • At 7:16 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    um, hi. i'm here via michele's meet n greet, and i don't think i've ever been here before.


    JUST KIDDING! (for um, those of you won't know that i'm here 24/7 and can't get enough of these ladies...)

    thanks for the letter nikki!! i might just send it to her! ;)

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Brandie said…

    Here via Michele! I'm sorry you're not going to be with BD for Memorial Day, but hey-- at least you had time to play with Michele, and I was able to discover your blog! :) Have a great weekend.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said…

    Well, an entertaining post all around. I'm sorry about the hubby being away for the weekend. That's the worst. It's cool when bloggers highlight each other, way to go. And the letter - more people need a friend like you. Nice job.

    Thanks for commenting on my site. It's appreciated.

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Anonymous a said…

    Hey guys, I wanty to thank you for the letter to Miss. Bitch Bitch. Your support of E in this is much appreciated. I hope you guys have a good weekend.

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger Jennie said…

    Hey, just dropping in from Michele's and taking a look around. Hope you have a fun-filled weekend yourself! Jennie

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Carmi said…

    Howdy. Thought I'd cruise in from Michele's and introduce myself. I like the feel of this blog. Very homey and inviting.

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Guppyman said…

    Well hello.... thanks for stopping by my place! I'll have to spend some time poking around over here....

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger PresentStorm said…

    Hi and thanks for the warm welcome on my page :) So far I am enjoying this little blogosphere.. Thanks again for stopping by :))

     
  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger -xtessa- said…

    amen! amen! always lovely to visit you guys!

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger Martine said…

    hey! Here via myself, checking your blog out.. first post is great, but that is also because I think Erin rocks and the open letter should be send!

    ps.: you do need a make over, pretty in pink blogger template.. tsk! ;)

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger Spurious Plum said…

    Vegemite the blog= good
    Vegemite the paste=scary
    I want to like the paste, really. But the blog seems nice!

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger Meier Queen said…

    You ladies are SO my favorites! Thanks so much for the shout out, it completely made my day:) And thanks for the comments to, totally helped make me feel better. And by the way, Career Woman, glad to hear you had a fabulous holiday weekend:) And Houswife, what a bummer that Big Daddy had to work! But atleast you have cute baby fanny pictures to post, those are always good for a smile:)

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looking for information and found it at this great site... here

     

Post a Comment

<< Home