A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Friends

Although funny, when I read the American Idol post, I get become sad and a little nostalgic for the good ole days when Career Woman and I could watch TV and make fun of people side by side rather than through long distance phone calls. Normally we would be shoulder to shoulder on the floor devouring bags of cheddar pretzels, spicy nacho doritos, grapes (the green kind) and guzzling pepsi. We would jump up at every commercial to stick an old CD in the stereo and dance away to old Danceline routines and then plop back down in front of the TV just in time to make each other laugh by saying cruel and witty things about the next crooner on the stage, sometimes laughing 'til our stomachs hurt or even bellowing out the songs ourselves convincing one another that we sound way better than Kelly Clarkson herself.

Aahhhhh. Nothings better than spending time with your friends, your true friends, not the new ones that you just met through college or a new job (or at a playgroup - this only applies to small few of us here)...no...I'm talking about the friends you had your whole life, the friends that know everything about you but still like you anyway, the friends that grew up in the same hometown, the friends that know your family, the friends that you can be yourself around.

I know a lot of you are leaving college and headed home for the summer. Others may be using vacation leave at work to go back to your hometown to visit Mom and Dad this summer. Some may still live "back home" but just don't get see their close friends because they don't live there anymore. Maybe a lucky few still live close to their true friends but just can't find the time to get together.

Whatever your situation is, this is a reminder to keep and touch and stay close with the people you call your true friends. I think it's the best therapy for those "down in the dumps"days. Even if it's just a quick phone call to say "HI", it's amazing how much better it can make you feel. It's almost as if for a split second your brought back to that time when you had no responsibility and everything was a reason to laugh.

IN CASE THAT WASN'T OBVIOUS ENOUGH.......I MISS MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!

So, the rest of you have to suffer with me and get a lecture, just for good measure.

I've added some pictures that make me laugh and I'll be adding more as I get time so come back and check now and then....
ATL 2004
Alissa's Wedding
Morgan's 23rd B-day
FRIENDS finale
Lunch at Edward's
New Years 2005

My Grandma Gloria's best friend, Margret, passed away a few years ago, they were friends since high school, they never lost touch, their husbands became friends, their children went to the same school and most of them became friends, they never missed a saturday night of playing cards, they even took summer vacations with one another after their children were grown. We never had a family picnic without Margret's family there and wouldn't have been the same if they weren't. I attended Margret's funeral. As I went down the line of Margret's family, everyone of them took the time to tell me how grateful they were for my grandmother and at the end of the line stood Grandma Gloria, obviously worn and completely cried out and I hugged her and told her how sorry I was...and do you know what my Grandma said to me "Nikki, don't be sorry, I am the luckiest person in the world, I had a best friend for over 60 years, if you could keep your friends that long, there is nothing to ever be sorry about." ~Housewife

25 Comments:

  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    um, you have cool clothes. and hang out at pretty pools.
    and both are pretty.
    am jealous.


    and WONDERFUL advice on the friends...

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger The Dirty South said…

    The pool pics...LOL...we seriously did drink that whole entire day, and everyone actually got along the whole entire day...can't wait till you and big daddy come down this summer, or when I finally make it all the way up to Boston.

    p.s. the pool at my new apt does not have a waterfall

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    You BITCH! I'm crying at work like a fool, with goosebumps, and you made me miss you, K.E., Ryan, and my Gram all in one post... I'm sad, wait let me check out the pictures so that I can perhaps get mad at you for them b/c I look gross or something....brb.
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Okay ATL pics done... not bad... not bad... however, why in the FUCK am I plugging my nose in all pictures, lol... do I do that?
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Okay, like the wedding pictures, but why LORD can my hair not be straight??? EVER
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger KE said…

    Housewife:
    Yes, I'm crying too. thanks so much.
    Comment on Alissa's Wedding picture #12... I am NOT the beautifullest bridesmaid, and if you recall, you strategically placed my flowers so as not to scare anyone away with "the girls" and I will MOST DEFINITELY NOT make you look like shit in Morgan's wedding because YOU are the beautifullest housewife ever. So you should consider changing that caption, please :)
    I miss you all SO much! MY new apartment DOES have a waterfall... however, it's a little rocky and I don't think it's drunkpeople-safe. But it makes me sad that me and Ry don't live in the same place anymore. So WHEN y'all come visit us, you'll just have to swim at both pools!
    Career Woman:
    You are beautiful and I guartantee no one else noticed your hair not to be straight. I'm just sad that the pics didn't portray how drunk you both were at the reception! Like, how Matty D had to cut you both off before dinner was even served!

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Rachael said…

    Great post

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    AWE, KE I feel bad...I didn't make you put the flowers up there to hide "the girls", I was trying to get the flowers in the pictures cause I wanted to show my mom how pretty the bouquets were, so I told you put them up higher. I LOVE "the girls" I would never shun them from a picture.

    I don't think the worlds greatest photographer could have captured the drunkeness of us that night. A girls gotta have her fun.

    Hmm, a waterfall that is not drunkpeople-safe...they'll have to do something about that before this crew gets there.

    -Housewife

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    more pictures!?!? its like CHRISTMAS!!

    what do the shirts say that all ya'll had on?...

    and seriously? jealous of the cute going out clothes - any you don't want, i am broke. and carless at school. shopping is no option. this is not good.

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    OH MY GOD!! i'm watching Inside Edition (cause its SUCH a reliable news source),and I SAW THE FINGERS....
    sausage like? How can one not take their eyes off of them?

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    i forgot to say they were reporting on american idol, but i'm assuming you knew that...

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Erin,
    The shirts said "I partied with FRIENDS 6-5-04"
    We had a finale party and we played Friends Trivia before the finale came on and we had all kinds of party food and the NEWSPAPER was there and we were on the front page of the New Castle News.

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger kpac4smiles said…

    Nikki~ What a wonderful post! Morgan and I were just talking about the "good ole days" this morning and then you posted this! I was crying when I read it! We all miss you so much, and we are really lucky that are "close knit of friends" (as KE put it ;) ) stayed so close and love each other so much! I have the greatest friends in the world!!!! I don't know what I would do without you guys! Big hugs and kisses for my BEAUTIFUL, SMART, FUNNY, ETC (that is for the haters out there) friends!

     
  • At 5:11 AM, Blogger Léonie said…

    That was a lovely post! It made me feel all warm and fuzzy...

     
  • At 5:21 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Erin,

    His fingers are like sausages...are they not?
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger TrueJerseyGirl said…

    Aw, makes me miss my friends too. We call those kinds of pics "drunken insanity" pics...and boy, do I have a lot of those.

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger MommaK said…

    That is such a sweet story about your grandmother & her lifelong friend. The friendships that last that long turn into family.

    You're so pretty in pink:)

     
  • At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Mortgage said…

    Comment

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Anonymous HR jobs said…

    Hey everyone! Cool site! The customer support seems good and the technology jobs are endless. Maybe I will have a better directmatch searching for human resources
    since my keyword "customer care jobs" did not fit as intended.
    Glad I found you! Keep on keepin on!

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Anonymous careers said…

    John, hope all is well with your" legal jobs" search.
    Maybe you can find looking for "careers" at www.directmatch4free.com
    Just make sure you come back to this site to let us know how you are doing!

     
  • At 5:29 AM, Anonymous admin jobs said…

    Thank you for your wonderful site. Although I did not find admin jobs as a directmatch to your site, I did however enjoy the career advice from other posts.
    Thanks again for being here!

     
  • At 12:36 AM, Anonymous customer support jobs said…

    Hey everyone! Cool site! The customer support seems good and the technology jobs are endless. Maybe I will have a better directmatch searching for human resources
    since my keyword "customer care jobs" did not fit as intended.
    Glad I found you! Keep on keepin on!

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey. Saw your site in this post. Do you trade links from http://www.schoolbuddies.com ?

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Anonymous unemployed said…

    Hi A Career Woman and A Housewife,

    As a result of reading your blog "this post", I think you will discover my site on Highest Wages In All States will be a great help.

    To illustrate our diverse range of wages information, here are some of the latest search terms that located our site ...

    Civil Engineers Wages
    Media Wages
    Builders Wages
    Accountantsl Wages
    Social Services Wages
    Computer Programmer Wages
    Construction Wages.

    We have over 200 "have to read" career and wages articles in addition to many other interesting subjects in our Wages For All Occupations site.

    Best Regards
    Emily

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Anonymous selfimprovement said…

    How to Make Your Dreams Come True

    Of course not all dreams are pleasant and making them come true can be worse than being trapped inside a cosole horror game.

    But some dreams are produced by our deeper minds and are our inner-most desires, often disguised in some strange way.

    However, there is another kind of dream and that is the kind we are consciously aware of and we have them during the daylight hourse and are often just fleeting thoughts.

    You know the kind. "I wish I was on a world cruise enjoying myself rather than being stuck here in the factory or behind a desk." Yes, that's also a dream because it has it is a desire that has sirfaced into our conscious minds and is something we wish for at an unconscious level.

    Of course, making those kind of dreams come true is more than not virtually impossible. For example, to wish to win the lottery may never become reality in this lifetime.

    However, some dreams can become reality as so many graduates of my Hypnotherapy Course have discovered.

    I decided three years ago to give thousands of 'dreamers' the opportunity to fullfill their dreams and ebcome a therapist. So many people want to help other people overcome their illnesses and mental blockages to life that their only stumbling block was the cost of training. I know of hypnotherapy courses costing as much as £7,000 (more than $11,000) and training in other forms of Alternative Medicine costing as much. To become a Doctor (M.D.) can cost as much as the purchase of a house.

    So, with my teeth firmly gritted together, and a determination I have no known for years, I set the goal to help at least a thousand people make their dreams come true by reducing the cost of Hypnotherapy Training so it was within the reach of almost anyone in the World.

    I passed that goal having had more than 1,400 students enrol and over 800 graduate.

    So in helping others make their dreams come true, I made my own dream come true and at the age of sixty-nine years of age, I am proud of that.

    Why don't you take a look at what I mean at: htttp:/www.dreams2reality.co.uk

    Thank you for reading this,

    Robert Shields

     

Post a Comment

<< Home