A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day

This is the very first Mother's Day that I spent without my own Mom. But not to worry, there was much over-the-phone guilt poured on by both parties as to why one didn't come visit the other, that I felt as if I were home, right next to her.

My day started with Big Daddy bathing the girls and getting them ready for me and then we went into Boston for what was supposed to be a day of shopping at Copley Square. Once again the weather literally rained on my parade and it was way too cold and miserable to walk around downtown. We went out to eat for lunch and came home. Big Daddy cooked us a big dinner and it was yummy...I think I'll keep him a round another year :)

Also I got two of the most beautiful home-made Mother's Day cards from the girls. Hallmark, you can eat your heart out. And a bouquet of fresh Daisies that the girls picked out themselves.

Posted by Hello

All in all, it was a good day...I do wish I could have spent it home with my mommy, I guess I can't have it all..................... but this sure is close enough........................

Posted by Hello

-Housewife

11 Comments:

  • At 5:40 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Happy Mother's Day Skankest! And you can please tell me why I have to post about alcohol and assholes and you get cutesy ones!
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 6:11 AM, Blogger KE said…

    Happy Mother's Day! I can't believe how big those girls are getting. Beautiful pics!!
    Ry and I had every intention of calling you last night to wish you a Happy Mother's Day, but the $1 Dos Equis beer kinda got in the way... instead I focused on staying alive in the passenger seat as the Red Rocket whipped around through downtown ATL.
    We did have the privelege of seeing ATL's finest - black man (yes, MAN) dressed in a little tube top and skirt blowing a whistle, drumline style, and twirling his baton. I believe Dirty South has a picture to post!

     
  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger TrueJerseyGirl said…

    Gorgeous girls you have there! Happy Mom's Day!

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger The Dirty South said…

    Yes I do have a picture, but it is on my phone and I don't know how I can get it on my computer...Happy Mother's Day Nik...glad you had a good one.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger The Dirty South said…

    and your mall has an AX...I'll be there

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger MommaK said…

    Awww!! What sweet cuties you have!! I hope you had a great Mother's Day:-) *hugs*

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Rachael said…

    Preciousness!!

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Susie Sunshine said…

    I'm struck by the cuteness of the darling little girls
    and the AWESOME LIP COLOR on the hot mama.

    Yay for Burt and his bees!!!!

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Bumbling Bav said…

    OH they are so cute!

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    SUCH GORGEIOUS HAIR!!

    i'm at work right now, so i just looked at pictures, i will re-read again tonight and comment on how you are such a wonderful mom and you can tell how much your kids just LOVE you...whoops, i already told you that.

    i'll tell you again later tonight, too!

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger LĂ©onie said…

    Oh! How absolutely lovely! You are lovely, your children are lovely, your husband is lovely...
    Happy Mothers' Day..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home