A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

OhMyGawdIAmSoExcitedMyHousewifeIsHome

Gah!!!!!!!!!!! Housewife came home to surprise me. After I was super duper mad at her last night because she did not answer her phone, nor did she call me back when I left her a nasty message concerning missing our telephone viewing of American Idol last night, she is forgiven. She missed our show, just to surprise me and now she's in N.C. Which may also attribute to her lack of posting for all her devoted fans out there! But she's home with my children, oops, I mean her children, that I pretend are mine when we go somewhere (Like when someone says "how beautiful she is," and I say "Thank you," because one of them are obviously in my arms because I steal them). However, go figure I have to spend the next two days and nights at work and stupid Duquesne until 10 p.m., but I will devour her and her children at the earliest possible moment on friday evening after work! Love her. Love her. Love her. And good but sad news, that she left hers AND my Big Daddy at home, and although I miss a Big Daddy so, I do get her and the chitlin's selfishly to myself. Pumpkinface will also eat the littlest Sophia because he loves her so and she adores him. Can you tell the excitement in my typing?!

In other news, totally left work at 3:00 due to someone reporting a bomb in the courthouse yesterday. Yep. I said a "bomb." Fun times, right? No, because they require us to evacuate the building but we are not allowed to actually leave the premises until the president judge and all department heads clear us. Need I mind you that we only stand outside the building in the scorching heat? Therefore, if there is truly a bomb, we WILL blow up as well, or get like our heads taken off due to the debris. So after standing outside for a half an hour, and trying to get our faces in the news cameras (well...I was), they let us go.... which meant that my to-do list yesterday started way early! Utter excitement, I know! (P.S. I bought the new Almay eye shadow line that you purchase on the basis of your eye color and it's supposed to accentuate, such as in my case, the blue eyes...it's wonderful, I look like the ocean that I will vist next July. Love ya Almay).

Ok. Ok. Ok. American Idol. Let me mind you that if Simon Cowell was in the hour vicinity of my humble home, I would drive to his house and tear up his little boy shirt and spit on his face. If he ever talks to Carrie Underwood in such a manner, I will do you know what with is "member," and make him wish that he never said another nasty word in all his life. And what is up with Ryan Seacrest referring to Scott as "the body." Can you say beached whale, who hits women? Although I would still love for Anthony Federfoo to cover his hole in his neck, I thought he rocked the house last night! What'd ya'll think?
-Career Woman

(p.s. i think that I wore the same shirt I have on today last week, is that bad? can't you see I am tired?).

13 Comments:

  • At 6:30 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    no, its not bad. i do it all the time - you know how you mentally figure it out, 'if i wore this on monday last week, can i wear it thursday this week? will people remember after a week?' and then you feel as if you have nothing to wear, but nobody actually remembers anyway.

    glad housewife is home!! do super fun things and try not to gobble up her kids, she might get mad...just saying...

     
  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    OHMYGODYOUHAVETOHELPME
    there is the BIGGEST SPIDER in my bathroom!
    i can't go in there, i'll stare at it and get scared to be in there...i mean, its HUGE and its not like one of those wiry ones, its been corn-red and been working out, and it looks onry
    ONMYGODYOUHAVETOHELPME

     
  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    I scoped it out, no one seems to remember me wearing the shirt, although I did narrow it down to last tuesday... that's out it's like over a week and stuff!
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 6:34 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Um... definately CALL FOR HELP. Don't kill it yourself... it may come after you in the heat of the moment! OHMYGAWD!
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger KE said…

    My love, please do not get blown up at the New Castle Courthouse. Because that would cause me to take drastic action - like I'd probably blow up the state of PA. And if you think I'm not capable of such an action, don't forget about my ex-boyfriend and his connections. Thank you.
    Here's my opinion on the shirt thing. Someone like you, if anyone noticed you wearing the same shirt in a weekspan, they's be thinking, "well if that girl says it's ok, maybe I'll try it, cause she's pretty trendy." And that's if anyone even notices - because as long as you switch it up with different bottoms, it's a whole new outfit!
    And just like you, I lose patience after 2 tries of vote calls to American Idol

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger LĂ©onie said…

    Er.. I only have one shirt which I wear everyday and also sleep in. Is that not normal? Hang on, is that why I only have friends on the internet?!
    I reckon it's fine to wear the same shirt. You have new eyeshadow, remember? That can change a whole outfit beyond recognition.
    And as for Erin's spider.. I say just run and hope it hasn't been working out more than you and therefore runs slower.

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger TrueJerseyGirl said…

    That's awesome! You two have a great time together. What a great surprise!

    I used to work at a newspaper and we used to get bomb threats on a weekly basis. We never even evacuated. Scary.

    I posted on AI too, check it out.

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The more I read this thing the more confused I get.First I thought you started at 8, then I thought you actually did something there. I refuse to ever pay my taxes again. I mean who do you think you are ME. I'm the only one in this family that goes to work and does nothing. Also by tomorrow I should have the 10 things that annoy me, hopefully puddin head won't be on there, I'm just sayin'

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    P.S. to everybody out there... this new anonymous commenter is my father, do not send him hate mail, he's okay! lol
    -Career Woman
    (And puddin' head better not be on the list!)

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger The Dirty South said…

    Instead of bomb scares...we just have crazy psychos who shoot people and run out and kill even more people, then take people hostage...so consider yourself lucky that you don't work in Fulton County Courthouse.

    As for you at work...I am trying to paint a picture of this...all I can come up with is Karen Walker on Will and Grace. Are you sure your not related?

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger The Dirty South said…

    This just made me think of something. Remember a couple of summers ago when you worked at the courthouse and I worked at the Y. You would call me about every ten minutes since you never had anything to do.
    Morgan...the obsessive phone caller.

    Phone Rings:

    Me: Hello
    You: What are you doing?
    Me: Having my life threatened by the psycho project hoodrats. (im sure it was more vulgar than that, but i dont want to offend anyone)
    You: What are we doing tonight? Let's go swimming?
    Me: O.K.
    You: I am going to go tanning and get my nails done and I will call you when I am finished.
    Me: O.K., gotta go, Jerome just threw Starkysha into the wall.

    Hang up...

    Ten minutes later...

    Phone rings

    Me: What Morgan?
    You: Make sure you call everyone.
    Me: O.K.
    You: Bye douchbag, and don't forget to call everyone.

    Hang up...

    Ten minutes later....

    Phone rings

    Me: Morgan, quit calling me at work.
    You: I'm bored
    Me: Well Jerangello just hit me in the face with a basketball.
    You: HAHAHA
    Me: I will talk to you later
    You: Do you think I should get my hair highlighted?
    Me: Goodbye
    You: Do you think I am pretty?
    Me: Goodbye
    You: Did you get the air in the red rocket fixed yet?
    Me: No. Goodbye
    You: I hate you, goodbye!

    This could go on all day long....

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger The Dirty South said…

    This just made me think of something. Remember a couple of summers ago when you worked at the courthouse and I worked at the Y. You would call me about every ten minutes since you never had anything to do.
    Morgan...the obsessive phone caller.

    Phone Rings:

    Me: Hello
    You: What are you doing?
    Me: Having my life threatened by the psycho project hoodrats. (im sure it was more vulgar than that, but i dont want to offend anyone)
    You: What are we doing tonight? Let's go swimming?
    Me: O.K.
    You: I am going to go tanning and get my nails done and I will call you when I am finished.
    Me: O.K., gotta go, Jerome just threw Starkysha into the wall.

    Hang up...

    Ten minutes later...

    Phone rings

    Me: What Morgan?
    You: Make sure you call everyone.
    Me: O.K.
    You: Bye douchbag, and don't forget to call everyone.

    Hang up...

    Ten minutes later....

    Phone rings

    Me: Morgan, quit calling me at work.
    You: I'm bored
    Me: Well Jerangello just hit me in the face with a basketball.
    You: HAHAHA
    Me: I will talk to you later
    You: Do you think I should get my hair highlighted?
    Me: Goodbye
    You: Do you think I am pretty?
    Me: Goodbye
    You: Did you get the air in the red rocket fixed yet?
    Me: No. Goodbye
    You: I hate you, goodbye!

    This could go on all day long....

     
  • At 5:22 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Dirty South,

    LOLOLOLOL... I was in class last night until 10:00 when you called me, yup, life sucks... but that is totally our phone conversations exactly 3 years ago! Too too much! That just made my day at work!
    -Career Woman

     

Post a Comment

<< Home