A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

An Outrageously Long Post About Nothing

OK, OK, OK Where's a girl to start?

First off, "Hello, my precious little blog and Hello to my even more precious blog (and real, awe hell, your all 'real') friends!"

So you all know I'm here in PA, right? Most of you know that this means I have had very limited time on the computer, no? Hopefully I don't need to apologize to ya'll about why I haven't blogged in a few days but I would like to apologize to myself for all the catching up I just had to do...let's make this formal: Self, I am so sorry that I have deprived you from blogging for 4 whole days, I know this was very hard for you. I know that we have a mutual understanding that our days cannot function properly without reading about the daily lives of others, I cannot express my remorse for this faulty behavior I have exposed you to. More importantly I would like to apologize for this past hour that I made you sit here and read every single missed post on every single blog on our blogroll, I realize this was a tiring effort and promise to never make you go so long without blogging and blog reading ever again. Please find it with in your self to forgive me.

OK, now I'd like to say that I really wanted to comment on all of your charmingly funny posts that I enjoyed ever so much but I just did not have the time to do so, if I wanted to make a post of my own...but please know that I've read them all and laughed and smiled and thought about what I would have commented.

UPDATE: Myself has just informed me that I am forgiven. Thank goodness, I hate when I'm mad at myself.


Yeah, so your all probably wondering what I've been up to these past few days...I'll try to put in a nutshell for you...
I've been cleaning my house here in PA and getting it ready for my brother-in-law who will be renting from us... visiting my family...fighting my allergies...missing Big Daddy...wishing I could blog...dreading the ride back to Mass...trying to make Career Woman understand that I am in fact more important that her school and work and Pumpkinface and she SHOULD in fact revolve her schedule around me (so far, I do not think this has sunken in)...trying to keep Isabella and Sophia disciplined as they thrive in the House of Never Ending Candy and Popsicles...enjoying the beautiful weather...and spending quality time with my 'lil Sis.

I'll elaborate on a few of these things......

I'm assuming I have allergies. Full blown allergies to be exact. In my whole life I have never had an allergy problem, however the past few years I've experienced a slight sore throat, mild runny nose and occasional sneezing throughout the so called "allergy Season." Really this was no big deal, I dealt with it in a very calm, nonchalant sort of way. Tis the year of exception - my eyes itch and burn, I have Niagara Falls pouring from my nostrils, I have cheated death by surviving over 20 sneezes in a row and I cannot swallow without whining about how sore my throat is ...I'm not good company. I woke up Wednesday morning and my entire left eye was swollen shut and I could barely see out of my right eye through all the mucus. This was not pretty. I was not happy. So I purchase some Claritin so that I would not just be "clear" I'd be "Claritin Clear" and clear I was, within the first hour I had taken it. Oh how I praised Claritin to all that was around me! But if you talk to Claritin, Claritin will tell you that you cannot exceed more than 1 pill in a 24 hour period. Ok, Claritin, that's fine, I'll assume that you will keep me sneezy-free for 24 hours. Well, within 8 hours my eye began to swell back up and snot came shooting out of my nose ever 5 minutes. Claritin lies, don't believe anything Claritin tells you. But it does work great for a good 8 hours, so time your dosage accordingly.

The good "clear" 8 hours that I squeezed out of Wednesday, I spent at my house, cleaning and working in the yard. It was near 80 degrees and beautiful. As most of you know I cannot get a reasonable tanning appointment so I'm very pasty white. I hate it. But I had to wear shorts, it was freakin' hot. My white legs were very embarrassing. So embarrassing that I stooped to a level so below me in a desperate effort to make myself look more attractive. Sunless Tanning Lotion. I know, I know, I can just hear you all gasping in utter disappointment. I mean, I know better than this. I've done this to myself before. I have willing turned myself a streaky orange color in an attempt to appear sun kissed to other beings. I have learned this lesson years ago. But it's amazing what moments of desperation will do to a person. At times when the glare off of your chalky white skin beams into your eyes paralyzing your brain from telling you this is not a good idea, one cannot recognize that she is being too optimist and too gullible to believe that technology has really developed a Sunless Tanning Lotion that does not streak or turn you orange. I am proud to say that a little voice in my head warned me not to be so naive as I stand in the bathroom naked with the spray bottle aimed at my white bodice, I cautiously only sprayed my legs just to see what fluorescent color I would turn. I figured if it was bad, I could just roast in jeans until it wears off. Well, it's a good thing I did only my legs. Kinda. My legs actually look ok, just one barely noticeable streak and I'm really not a bad shade of orange but my feet on the other hand... well, I can't even bare to speak of them. I truly thought I was "using sparingly" around the foot area, just as the direction stated. Obviously I was being a little more generous than I had hoped to be. I have Oompha Loompha Feet. More embarrassing than my white legs that started this whole mess.

It's only fair to warn the world that when the Claritin wears off of this orange footed beast at sundown, she is not a pretty sight.

I spent most of today with my sister. We played old CD's on the stereo and blasted it as loud as it could go and danced around the house singing at the top of our lungs. It was so refreshing. I love to blast the radio and I can't do it in MASS cause we're in that apartment and it just wouldn't be very courteous of me. I'll quit picking on the allergies and blame my sore throat tonight on all that loud singing I did today. Really, it was so fun. We played old CD's, so old that we forgot some of the words and would crack up laughing when one would start singing the wrong verse or something. We were singing so loud that we could even pretend to cover it up if we made a mistake. And the memories that the old songs themselves brought back were great!
Then we sat down to watch TV and FRIENDS re-runs were on. Today they aired the finale, it was the very first time I had seen the re-run of the finale episode since it aired that dreaded night and guess what, I cried again. Yep, bawled like a baby as they lay their keys on the counter at Monica's apartment. Am a dork. GAWD, I miss that show! Thursday nights just aren't the same.

Hmmm, what other insignificant things can I tell you about myself? I'm feeling obligated to give you a post with depth since I haven't posted in a few days. Let's see....er......I got nothing...at least nothing that I can turn into somewhat of an interesting tale...at least not tonight...I feel my eye swelling up again...and I just sneezed on my sister's keyboard, that's just gross...I think I'll go to bed now.

Career Woman and I have a date tomorrow, we will be having dinner and then perhaps out for a rockin' good time. I'm sure we will have stories to tell, for where there is A Career Woman and A Housewife, there is DRAMA. And fun. And alcohol. And laughter. And music. And booty shakin'. And food. And people we love. And people we hate. And people that don't know us but try to talk to us. And people that do know us and we try not to talk to them. And more fun. And more laughter. And most likely more food. And more alcohol. And then some blogging.

Stay tuned.

-Housewife

4 Comments:

  • At 5:17 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    I have never been so excited for a post from in my whole life! Loved it, and hunny, come to mama with the allergy problems... I got "the shit," for that! Remember, you are best friends with the Queen of Allergies... I've been having a couple rotton days myself, but that's what ya got girlfriend..., some hayfever! Can't wait for our date tonight!
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 7:06 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    CW invited me to come tonight.
    I'm skipping the concert/work and coming to play!!!

    Also, the sunless tanner? Have you never watched The Wedding Planner? Take a little lemon juice and a loofah and , 'scrub, scrub, scrub' if it looks that bad, silly!

    glad you are having fun!!! we missed you!

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger TrueJerseyGirl said…

    You two need to hang with me and my best friend. Oh, would we all stir up some drunken trouble.

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You sneezed on my keyboard, Sissy?!?! EW! I am typing on this thing...
    ~Janny (Housewife's 'lil sis)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home