A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Things That Have Annoyed Me In The Last 24 Hours

Well aren't I just a great big ball of sunshine today? False. Did anybody else ever just have one of those days where every person, animal, or object has found some way to annoy the shit out of you? Is today one of those days for you? Well...it is for me, and if it isn't for you, I am probably easily-enough annoyed for the universe today. Below, I have compiled a list of things that have annoyed me, ticked my trigger, lighted my torch, in the last 24 hours:

1. Mucus in my throat. I am annoyed by this, so annoyed, that I have even written a letter to the mucus in my throat. Why is it there?....still? It makes my stomach hurt and that's another annoyance in itself.
2. My stomach as hurt me for 5 days now - for five days, I have had diarrehea. Is that a long time? Because on my watch, it is. But I find it hard to go to the potty at work, because:
3. In the woman's restroom, there is chew (snuff, tobacco, etc.) on the toliet. Please direct me to the nearest female who stores a can of chew in her purse and then leaves blatant evidence of her addiction on the back of the toliet seat....in the ladies' restroom. I will punch her in the face.
4. Maybe my stomach has been hurting because I am a hungry girl. I do not eat, unless it is out of a vending machine. I do not have time to eat - and the only good, non-annoying thing coming out of this lack of food supply is that I have dropped three pounds.
5. My lack of eating comes from my annoying hectic schedule. Could somebody please name the drug I was on when I decided to sign up for two summer class, back-to-back, until 10:00 p.m. at night? It is apparent that we need an intervention.
6. I am annoyed that a colleague of mine, left class last night, in a heat of rage, and pissed off my professor and forced us to "process" what happened after class was already over. You, jackass, had forced me to stay 10 minutes longer because you were mad, you couldn't pick your own group. Grow up...please.
7. I am annoyed at the PA Department of Transportation. Why do you insist on tearing up the highway every, single, mother-freakin', summer? What is the rationale? Not only do I play chicken with the road blocks the whole way home at 11 p.m., but you totally shut down the exit I take to get home, so you left me with a detour. I do not work well with detours, especially in a big city. You were the reason for my panic attack last night. You people are assholes, and I hate you.
8. But of course, after such a long day I wasn't able to get a good nights rest. No. No. No. Why, you ask? Because I had to hack, cough, and choke all night long as I attempt to rest in my bed because my illness has moved to my lungs - I love how my infection has been playing tic-tac-toe in my body.
9. I am definately annoyed at my alarm clock for going off so early - I hate the alarm clock, if I slept with a hammer, I'd smash it too pieces.
10. I am annoyed that my sister hides the Special K cereal bars in the mornings when I am leaving for work. You know, others need to eat too - you move them again, I'll chop of your fingers - don't tempt me.
11. I am annoyed that I am thristy right now and the refrigerator is too far away for me to go get my water. I don't want to walk....anymore today. So the pretezels that I am eating are annoying because they are making me thirsty.
12. I am annoyed that Pumpkinface is going to the gym and sending me to go get the lunch. HELLOOOOO... I am sick. You go get our f-in lunch. What do I look like? Grrr....
13. I am majorly annoyed that this day is not over yet! I want to go to sleep. Please let me go to sleep!

Who else is annoyed today or in the last 24 hours? What has annoyed you - maybe that'll cheer me up. I'll laugh at you!
-Career Woman

16 Comments:

  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Taylor said…

    Many things have already annoyed me today, but I'll keep it short. I am annoyed that my body feels like it hasn't slept in weeks. My hubby woke me up this morning by begging me to scratch his back. I am annoyed that it is our wedding anniversary and I have not received a card nor flowers. I am annoyed that I have to run a bunch of errands and it is extremely hot outside. Ugh. Hopefully the day will get better for both you and I ;)

    I posted two pictures of the dress on my blog. Let me know if you have any more questions!

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger LĂ©onie said…

    I am annoyed that I have no money. I am annoyed that I am stuck in a job I hate when I could be doing BETTER things. I am annoyed that I have to go home and eat healthy stuff because my mother is a nutritionist and it's all nuts and seeds, nuts and seeds. I am annoyed that my back hurts. I am annoyed that it is only FUCKING tuesday and I want it to be the weekend.
    Hang in there, Career Woman. Tomorrow will be better, I promise!

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Bug said…

    I'm annoyed that I fancy a guy with a long-term girlfriend. I'm annoyed that she's thinner than i am. I, also, am annoyed that I have no money. Also, that I live with my Daddy instead of in a groovy bachelorette pad

    I think the solution is chocolate. And Pringles. Pringles fix EVERYthing

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger KE said…

    I am annoyed that TWO of my employees quit last week. Know what that means? If I don't find someone to hire before Friday, I have to work all weekend at the Guest Services desk. This is very poor utilization of my time. Not to mention that I worked 7 days last week. This salary business is bullshit! Salary means 40 hours a week, right? WRONG. I'm too young for this.
    Chocolate is, for sure, a fabulous solution. And Diet Coke.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Ya'll make me feel better about your bad days, lol - but I hope it all works out - K.E. hire me! I'll do it!
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Doug said…

    I am annoyed that the construction in my town (which has one way into and one way out of in order to get onto the highway) has caused me to be late twice before I choose to get up an extra half an hour early just so I can get to work on time. I'm annoyed that I stopped for a drink at the gas station this morning and after I got to the register and my stuff was rung up, did I realize that I did not have my wallet on me. I was annoyed at the stupid woman who every day drops her kids off at the school in front of me and won't pull up to the end of the sidewalk but would rather stop right in front of the door to the school (god forbid your kid walk an extra 5 steps) and then sit there an watch her kids until they disappear from sight in the school.

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Doesn't this just feel better ya'll.... just rant and rave, go ahead. We allow you to do that here!
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger small bus to hell said…

    I am annoyed that it is freaking May & I am dressed for December. Honestly even in New England 46 degrees in May is ridiculous. I am annoyed at the bitchy cashier at my neighborhood friendly Walmart. I am already having a bad week I do not need you attitude to add to it. And finally, migraines suck.
    Mel

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger KE said…

    Oh, I'm not done yet. I'm also annoyed that I cannot sleep at night because my allergies are so bad that I have to sneeze and blow my nose all night, and then I look beside me and my boyfriend is sound asleep like a little baby. Even if I sneeze right on his face he won't wake up to console me. Non-allergic jerk.
    AND I'm annoyed that the fat bitch that lives below me smokes cancer on her balcony every mother f-in time I'm out on MY balcony. Therefore, I get instant smoke headache and my entire apartment smells like smoke for hours. Can't open my windows either. She needs to take her fatass on a walk to smoke. OR if she at least stood up out of her fatgirl chair in the corner, and went out to the edge of the balcony, it would even be better. But nooooo, let's puff puff puff straight up to mine!
    Career Woman, you're hired!

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Rachael said…

    I am annoyed that people read over my shoulder when I write emails. I am annoyed that it's the last week of class, and I should be slacking, but NOO, I have 2 papers to write.

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Taylor - your hubby needs to get on it...

    K.E. I sympathize with the allergies!

    Small Bus to Hell - all walmart employees seem miserable or is it me?

    Rachael - my mom still reads over it, annoying huh?
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    I am annoyed that it is pouring down raining and my children cried, screamed and kicked until I let them go to playgroup after dance class and WHAT DID THEY DO?...played amungst themselves, that's right REFUSED to play with the other children. They could have done THAT at home but NOOOOO I had to sit at someone's house and be utterly embarressed at the way my children act just so they could PLAY WITH EACH OTHER!
    -Housewife

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Doug said…

    I'm annoyed that after eating lunch at the Chinese Buffet has left me stomach feeling like it is filled with rocks. I'm annoyed that I have to drive to Maine next month for a wedding with 3 kids in the car (1 being 1 year and 4 months old). I hate the fact that I have for some weird reason only received 1 email at work in the last 2 hours and tomorrow morning I know I will come in and there will be 60 waiting for me (it's like everyone knows when I leave and they email after that time just to piss me off in the morning). I think I'm done for now.

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger The Dirty South said…

    I am annoyed that it was 80 today and sunny and I had to work. To top it off, when I was on my way home I sat in traffic on the connector...20 mins to go 2 miles. My roommate drank MY last diet coke. I am out of ice cream. Finally, I will be annoyed this weekend if KE doesn't find some new trustworthy employees, cause that means another Sunday without our family fun day. What she really needs to do is go to the Shell Station on Roswell Road or the Home Depot on Sidney Marcus and pick up some mexicans...they will work for tacos.

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Love your blog! I am currently annoyed that I didn't marry rich and therefore I have to work.

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    oh!
    yes! a rant!
    i'm annoyed that i keep getting beat up by a two year old.
    i'm annoyed that i can't have the delicious peanut butter chocolate bar at starbucks becacuse it's a brownie thingy.
    i'm annoyed that people don't use turn signals.
    i'm PISSED at the stupid snot chillin in my throat.
    i'm annoyed that after i came home from giving blood today, my mother made me haul heavy things and do lots of reaching.
    i'm annoyed that A is hanging out with his ex girlfriend tonight. (ha! big annoyed)
    i'm also annoyed that a certain somebody isn't getting hints for a certain something that i want. hrmph!

    also, taylor? um, you are gorgeous. will you be my friend? thanks.

    oh, and cw and hw, there is a fourth of 'us'. she was my principle in high school, is about 10 year older than us/hw (you are the oldest, right? haha), and um, i am her clone, which means that she is your clones as well.
    i'll post a picture later on my site.


    cw, i hope your day got better! i read this in the morning, but was running late all stupid day and didn't have time to post until now! sorry!
    (and hw, i hope your day was good too!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home