A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

WARNING (beep, beep) WARNING!!

We would like to direct your attention to the top of your computer screen. It seems only fair to provide some sort of declaration to advise those opinionated people out there of what exactly A Career Woman and a Housewife are capable of (please see the declaration under the title, thank you.) This little tit-bit of information has been provided for your own safety. Please read it carefully (it has been censored, as to not scare away unsuspecting readers.)

You see, A Career Woman and A Housewife are really just a couple of fun-loving girls that like to have a good time, and for the most part, we post about normal day to day happenings about our lives. Sometimes, things happen that piss us off and you can bet that we'll post about that too. Here, is where some people out there have a problem. Everything you read at A Career Woman and a Housewife is NOT Peaches and Cream. Get over it. Your sense of humor is required here. And in case no one has noticed yet, we thrive on belittling those people that have opinions that are not in our favor. Call it childish. Call bitchiness. Call it a personality quirk. Call it what you want. We call it "this is our blog and we'll get pissed at whatever we want to get pissed at."

Most often when something makes us irate, we will address the matter with our typical "Open Letter." These have become quite popular over the past few months that we've had this blog and it has recently been taken to the next level "Open Letters by Request." Well we think this is just wonderful! A Win/Win situation for all. We get to be mean, readers get to laugh and the person that requested the letter suddenly feels better because of our tight-fisted, bad-tempered, shameless writings. Cheap thrills and guilty pleasures...if these are the only things we do wrong in this world then good for us! Besides, it's not like we would actually say to this stuff to the person's face or anything, oh no, we are much better than that...any matter would be handled in a mature manor of course...That's the beauty of the blogging business, we get to express all of our nastiness and childishness in a fantasy world...some people are not grown up enough to realize this and there for we have, what we like to call here "The Opinionated Assholes." And in honor of this we are going to start "The Opinionated Assholes Hall of Fame."

We're still in the early stages of what this may become, but perhaps one day people will come near and far to see what kind of asinine comments A Career Woman and A Housewife got for defending our children at the playground to filling requests by loyal readers.

Let's take a walk down memory lane......

I'm taking you back to February 19th 2005, what a historical day it was!...A Career Woman and A Housewife received their very first piece of hate mail by the infamous "Anonymous Person."
This triggered the very first Open Letters CW's and HW's. We regret to inform you that back then we didn't know any better and the Anonymous Person's comments were deleted...This was before we realized that it would be MUCH MORE FUN to leave these comments for everyone to see.

Sometimes "The Opinionated Assholes" misinterpret what it is that we are trying to say like on April 19th 2005 when Kaiser gave his/her comment that triggered both an Open Letter and what we like to call "Conspiracy Commenting."

April 24th 2005 I'll direct your attention to another "Opinionated Asshole" City High who felt it was necessary to be contemptible by voicing his/her feelings about a post that was simply detailing CW's weekend. This was handled with "Conspiracy Commenting" only, which is always just as effective.

And today, May 26th 2005 I give to you our latest "Opinionated Asshole," Alexa. Alexa is responsible for triggering our declaration at the top of your screen. As our 4th official "Opinionated Asshole" she made it very clear to A Career Woman and A Housewife that "The Opinionated Assholes Hall of Fame" was definitely in order.

So instead of writing "An Open Letter to the Opinionated Asshole That Tried to Sugar-Coat Her Asinine Comment" (aka Alexa) we will leave it at this...(unless we have requests for "An Open Letter to the Opinionated Asshole That Tried to Sugar-Coat Her Asinine Comment" that is.) And Alexa will always be known as "The Opinionated Asshole that Sparked the Idea for The Opinionated Assholes Hall of Fame," surely a title that any well-suited person would be obliged to have.

So..................................

Do you have any "Opinionated Assholes" at your blog that you'd like to tell us about, perhaps have us add to our Hall of Fame? Tell us about it.

Have any of your "Opinionated Assholes" actually left a blog name or e-mail address for you to respond to? We haven't had the privilege.

Do you have any special request for an Open Letter? We'd love to know.

Or if you just want to be one of those nice and friendly commenters that we love so much because we're not forced to get our panties in a bunch over you, let's hear from ya!

-Housewife

17 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Meier Queen said…

    You. Guys. Rock. And I SO mean that. I have only been reading your blog for a week or so but GOOD GOD you ladies crack me up! After reading your last entry I felt compelled to write in and give you a huge thumbs up, I am totally impressed by your ability to call out the lame ass's and stick it to 'em! Ladies, you are awesome:)

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Bumbling Bav said…

    I do not get the people who leave shit like that on another persons blog... I really just do not get it.

    I have only had it happen once on my blog and all my blogging friends attacked the person. Funny they never returned.

    I felt like saying, there is nothing to see here people, nothing at all. Move on!

    But girls, you have given me the know-how for the next Asshole that comes my way.... and for that I thank you!!! You girls do rock! Don't ever change!

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    really, i don't understand why you get the evil fun-ruiners. seriously. it makes no sense.
    most blogging people are the same: hysterical, energetic, sarcastic, sympathetic, and drop dead gorgeous as all hell.
    but, props to both of you for being able to defend these assholes, because i would have probably given up and gone home.
    now? i know what to do when i get evil commenters!

    i had one, but it was somebody i knew and she ripped me a new one. i had posted about a diet that i was trying (remember, i gained about 25 pounds?), and she tore me apart and chose not to put me back together and i cried so hard that night, and called up our mutual friend, and now our friend is no longer really friends with the other girl because what she said was so mean.
    i wrote a post about her that pretty much spilled my whole secret (that i apparantly thought a lot of people knew, and if you want to know it you can e-mail me about it, but its not that big of a deal) to the entire internet world, and well...thats why i'm not shy!

    ya'll just rock!
    (and now i'm feeling like a nerd because the past few times i've commented, its been a freakin novel...whoops! sorry!)

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger -xtessa- said…

    aaahhh!!! i love you guys!

    some people just don't have any sense of humor!!!

    i actually had an Opinionated Asshole visit my blog last week and was mean to all moms basically! something about IQ's lowered due to having children...

    want his name?!!!

     
  • At 12:40 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    I like your blog-
    but could you guys PLEASE set up two seperate profiles and make this a group blog?
    That way, instead of at the end it saying "posted by A Career Woman and a Housewife"
    it will say either
    "posted by A Career Woman" or "Posted by a Housewife"?
    Thanks, that's all I've got.

     
  • At 2:09 AM, Blogger LĂ©onie said…

    I got a hate-y comment.. at least I think it was. It firstly said "I hate you and your blog" and then proceeded to insult the way I look. Er, yeah, GOOD ONE. There are no photos of me on my site. Not so bright then.
    But.. mysteriously it had two kisses at the end, like 'xx' so that was quite srange.
    Highly confusing. They made a spellng mistake as well so I just laughed. Like this: HA HA HA.
    Some people are just losers.
    Career Woman and Housewife: Taking on the Dickheads One Comment At A Time.

     
  • At 3:58 AM, Anonymous Kristin said…

    You guys are the greatest! Love you tons (and miss you Nikki *and KE too*)! I need a new picture of Sofie and Bella... PLEASE POST MORE! I love those little faces so much!

     
  • At 5:14 AM, Blogger Doug said…

    I have to say I love the ranting. I can't remember how I got to your site in the first place, but I haven't left since.

     
  • At 5:35 AM, Blogger Bug said…

    I love you two. How many chicks can be bitchy AND charming? You should teach a course in it! I'd take it!!

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger jlybn123 said…

    You guys are truly hilarious...this is my first time to your blog, but I will be back! Thanks for the laughs! Gotta go and read some more!

    =)

     
  • At 6:42 AM, Blogger TrueJerseyGirl said…

    I must be totally charming or totally scary because no one has left snarky comments for me on my blog (YET - I am sure the time will come). Except the one person who said my new design was "slightly tacky, just like NJ." That kinda pissed me off, but then I realized it was true.

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger The Dirty South said…

    I hate assholes...I'm sure things on my blog piss people, but no one has left me any mean comments yet...

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Kristen said…

    Omg...I thankfully dont have any assholes (yet cause Im sure with some of my comments I will) but you tell em who is boss, show em you dont care, and they can go f*ck themselves!

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    I love that you are publicly "outing" the jerks. Most people are too nice to do that. Glad to see some women with balls. LOL. Hi from Michele's.

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger vegemiterules said…

    G'day Nikki,

    Loved the post, made me laugh.

    Some people just cannot understand the difference between when someone is taking the micky or being serious.

    You are now linked.

    Take care

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    CW,

    Housewife has already heard/read my delimma and letter. She has written her own response, but its not up on my site - its too long!

    I would also like your response, because I feel that it would be HILARIOUS...
    just a heads up.

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Mirella said…

    Yeah. Don't mess with my girls CW and HW. THEY WILL CUT YOU SOMETHING FIERCE!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home