A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Who Ordered the Rain?

For some reason the sky has decided to open up and crap on New England and by the looks of things it will continue to crap for the rest of the week. Haven't we been punished enough by this obnoxious precipitation all winter? Give us a break already! My Family Fun Sundays have been obsolete because of it and I can't deal with it anymore!

Because I have a burning itch to go places new and exciting all the time and because my Sundays have been shot to hell I decided that I WILL NOT let this rain stop me anymore.
So as I get that wild hair up my ass now and then, I decided SO WHAT IF IT'S RAINING, I'm going to Maine (wild hair in ass has prevented me from thinking rational and realizing that Maine is on the sea coast and the winds tend to be stronger and that we are in fact in the midst of a potential Noreaster.)

So what does all this mean? This means that Housewife has drove an hour in the rain to stand on the (Beautiful) rocky shores of Maine and get slammed in the face by Gale Force driven rain pellets. This also means that I have 2 terrified and potentially scarred for life toddlers sitting in the car crying because they think the "The Big Puddle" (read: Ocean) is going to swallow Mommy because she JUST HAS TO GET PICTURES OF THE PRETTY LIGHTHOUSE. This also could mean that I no longer have a non-hypocritical reason to laugh at the weather man and call him stupid as he stands in the midst of a hurricane reporting the news to me. Damn. On a brighter note, this also means that Housewife has sacrificed her life to give you pretty pictures of Maine. That's how much I love you people. Enjoy!

9 Comments:

  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    HAHAHAHAHA - that is soooo funny, and Isabella's face is priceless - almost time for me to like post pictures of Walmart and stuff, lol
    -Career Woman
    And haven't we all questioned those weathermen during a Hurricane?

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger The Dirty South said…

    I am scared of that weather...It's May...that means sun here in the south. Pack your bags for next weekend, you can have family day in Georgia.

    -Thanks for chancing your life to get good pics!

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Bumbling Bav said…

    Thank you for the amazing pics!

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Taylor said…

    Beautiful pictures. I love the North. Maine is on my shit list because when I went there I didn't get to see a moose! Damn animals ;)

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger -xtessa- said…

    i enjoyed the pictures very much! i'm the odd one... i love crappy weather. heehee... blame it on growing up in a tropical island!

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    i LOVE thunderstorms! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
    and the weather opening up and crapping on NE, that made me laugh really hard and my mom came in to see what i was doing!
    you crack me up!
    if it makes you feel better, it was cold here today and windy as none other yesterday, but sun was out.
    but we are getting rain, and i'll ahve to work out in the rain this weekend!

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    HW, you KICK ASS!
    nice picture!
    i hope that my mad skills of walking you through it helped, although, i don't think they did.

    hey, a girl can wish

    and thank you so. much. for tonight.
    another reason why you rock.

     
  • At 3:44 AM, Blogger MommaK said…

    We love you too;-)

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger small bus to hell said…

    The weather in NE in a word SUCKS! Walking thru Boston on Tuesday night I felt like Auntie Em in The WIzard of OZ. Damn wind & Rain & cold I have new sandals to wear!
    Mel

     

Post a Comment

<< Home