A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Monday, May 02, 2005

You Guessed It, Family Fun Sunday.

This week, Family Fun Day brought us HERE in Nashua, New Hampshire.

Now I know, I know!

Some of you are thinking.........

Housewife, what were you thinking?

Some of you are thinking.........

You hypocrite, this goes against everything you've taught us!

Some of you are thinking........

Shut up, we don't care about your Family Fun Days!

Well, give me a chance to explain.

I had this fabulous day planned for Sunday. It included sun shine, canoes, appleblossoms, a history museum, maple harvest and buffalo.

It all started to go wrong when I woke up Sunday and there was no SUN! So I decided that we could cut the canoes and still have a looksee at the appleblossoms. No appleblossoms. Too early. Well who wants to walk around the museum, if we can't actually see the things we are learning about? No museum. It was raining like a MoFo surely no one would stand in the rain to harvest maple and wet buffalo just can't be pretty.

So this left me with only one choice.

FUN WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First I'd like to say......it is SOOOOOO much better than Chuck E. Cheese's! This place has 3 floors, well behaved children and amusement park rides....ALL INSIDE!

But.....feel better knowing, all of you "Housewife-Brain-Washed-Anti-Chuck-E. -Cheese's- Groupies", that it backfired in my face.

Bella was a word no mother should have to call her daughter short of her teenage years.

Sophia was the most obnoxious, temper-tantrum throwing little worm that you ever wanted to see.

Big Daddy does not react well to this kind of behavior so let's just say that we was not pleasant company.

This left Housewife in a "let's just go home, this day is starting to suck, I want my mommy" kind of mood. And did not pull out my camera at all. Not even just once. Yeah, it was that bad.

So $20 dollars in tokens and 4 miserable people later, we were riding home with a slinky, a magic wire beaded thing, 2 plastic bird whistles and 2 packs of smarties. That's what 422 tickets will get you these days.

Oh, but not without stopping at the pet store so Big Daddy could satisfy his "LOP EARED BUNNY" fetish. Have I told you about this? NO? Well maybe some other day. Which reminds me that I forgot to mention that we stopped at a Bunny Farm "on the way (20 miles in the opposite direction)" to Nashua so that Big Daddy could show Bella the Bunnies that he stops to see EVERYDAY on his way to work. MMMhmmm. This is an issue only a concerned wife can handle properly. Hopefully.

So we were back home by 3 ish....so so early for a Family Fun Sunday. So I made homemade sauce and raviolli's and this made everyone feels a lot better. I was a hero!

I know that most of you think that this day was a dud. And although it wasn't the fun and perfect day that we usually have. And I am blaming this on the weather. It was still Family Day and that's all that matters to me, it's just a reminder that I have a very REAL family. That I do expect to be back into shape by next Sunday....after all it IS Mother's Day!
-Housewife

5 Comments:

  • At 6:12 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Blogger IS a whore and our posts are in italics now for some-un-God-known reason and I am pissed. Housewife, can spell, we just can not fix the posts, ignore us. But I am glad that I was not around when Big Daddy got pissy, Big Daddy is not fun when he is pissy!
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    i didn't see the italics nor did i see the spelling mistakes....

    bunny fetish?
    fun world?
    homemade raviloi with homemade sauce?

    haha, it may not have been your most fun sunday ever (according to you), but it sounded interesting to me!!!!

    and don't get a bunny - they smell.

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Erin,
    I must say that my homemade raviolli's and sauce kick ASS!
    I'll seriously have to save the Bunny Fetish for an actual post.
    And Fun world is totally over-rated.
    -Housewife

    trust me, there will be NO bunny! LOL

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    I ate two rice krispie treats today...
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 4:26 AM, Blogger Léonie said…

    Can you send me some raviollis please? Just address them to Léonie, London. I'm sure it'll get here.
    Also please can you tell us more about the bunny thing? How long does he spend with the bunnies everyday? Has he got a favourite? Intriguing...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home