A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Monday, June 13, 2005

And Oh What A Wedding Week It Was!

Housewife here, reporting to you from back in MASS. We arrived safely at 5:00p.m. today. Boy, will it take me a while to recover from "Wedding Week 2005 Part 1" and trust me the saga will continue! This was just the first of many Wedding Weeks to come this year!

We arrived in good ole' New Castle at around 7:30p.m. Monday night after a long trip home. It took us a whopping 13 hours to get from Boston to New Castle this time. Outrageous. Completely Outrageous! (Mental note: NEVER travel on a Monday. Never travel on a Monday with summer construction. Never travel during the day with small children. Never leave at such a time were you will hit morning rush hour in Hartford Connecticut and afternoon rush hour in Scranton Pennsylvania. Oh, and please be sure to be prepared for I80 to be completely shut down and have to take a very long detour due to a semi-truck accident.) So......

I'll start with Tuesday... We kicked off Wedding Week just the way anyone would expect A Career Woman and A Housewife to kick off such an occasion...A day at the pool so we could soak up some sun and look better in the pretty dresses we will be trying on. But it wasn't all play. We did do some homework by sitting poolside with every bridal magazine in print.
Isabella took a big jump off the diving board...but not until after she made me tread water for a good 15 minutes then she decided to actually do it. Nothin' like a little exercise.


Wednesday: We took a family day. Career Woman had to go to her brother's award ceremony and I had to visit with family while I was home. Besides we had to rest for the big day tomorrow! And yes I did receive a threatening phone call from Career Woman before I went to bed that night...she basically stated that if I was a minute late when she comes to pick me up for her appoitment at the bridal shop, she will have my life. Hmmm, actually it was more like "Nikki, don't make me have to get up, come to your house, pull you out of bed by your hair and make sure you are ready on time. 10 to 10, I will be there at 10 to 10, that is 9:50 Nikki, nine- fifty!"

Thursday: Career Woman pulls up at my house at a little after 10:00a.m. Go figure. But not to worry. We made it in plenty of time for her appointment. It was so exciting! This is us in front of the bridal shop.



There were so many pretty dresses. Morgan's mom and I had a tough job, really. Honestly, who's opinion counts more than the bride's mother and the Matron of Honor's? No one's. No one's except KE's too. We missed you KE! KE is the Maid of Honor, for those that don't know but she couldn't make it in from ATL, so so sad :( Morgan looked good in every single dress she tried on, but some of them just didn't give us "the feeling." You know...the goose bumps, the watery eyes, the jaw dropping to the floor, absolutely stunned, THIS IS THE ONE feeling. As we poised ourselves proudly on the couch in the dressing room we found ourselves looking like this, quite a few times.....


We narrowed it down to 2 dresses.


Career Woman just couldn't make a decision. What's a girl to do?


Well, we were already there for a good 3 hours, so we decided to take a walk across the street to Wendy's, get a bite to eat and discuss the dresses and then we'd go back to the bridal with our choice and start looking for bridesmaid dresses.
DECISIONS. DECISIONS. DECISIONS.

They were both gorgeous. But we were confidant with our decision...So back to Bridal Shop we went...Morgan tried the dress on again and it was breathtaking! I cried. What else is
new? So now we have one happy little bride. YES!
>
It took us about another 2 hours to decide on a bridesmaid dress and a color and we were done! Whoooooo-Hoooooooo! This is gonna be such a beautiful wedding! And can you even believe it? We did it all in one day! We didn't even have to go to the other dress shop that we had an appointment at!

Friday: Which was a good thing we didn't go to that other appointment. I went to get my hair done and that took 3 hours itself. I am now blonde. Not really, I just got highlights. But to me, I am blonde. I have never gone lighter...so it's a little drastic for me. While I was there I got an exciting phone call from our friend Michelle...She had just gotten engaged that morning and was calling to tell me. YEY! Another Wedding! Of course I screamed and made a spectacle of myself in the beauty salon, but you'll have that when I'm around. After my hair appointment...Career Woman and I headed back down to the bridal Shop to get two other bridesmaids fitted for their dress! Our job is never done. That night, I went out for a drink with my cousin. I couldn't stay out too late though, tomorrow's another big day.

Saturday: Another fun-filled Wedding Day. First I went to a Red Hat Society meeting with my mom. Just a few of them met a Perkin's for breakfast to discuss details about a trip they are going on at the end of this month. Here we are....
>
Then I went to visit my great-aunt Mary at her Nursing Home and then rushed home bath my girls and get ready for Wedding stuff. We went over to Boardman Ohio to a the bridal shop that my friend K Pac got her bridesmaids gowns at so that I could be fitted and so Bella (her miniature bride) could try on some dresses. K Pac took pictures that she will be sending me and then I'll post them. Then we drove back down to Morgan's bridal shop that is almost an hour away, for K pac to be fitted and we met the Newly Engaged Michelle there so she could be fitted as well. Then we all headed back to New Castle and ate a late lunch/early dinner at very yummy Italian Restaurant called "2 Tomatoes." While we were there we ran into Career Woman's family and while were standing there talking to them...the heel fell off my shoe. Again, K Pac has pictures of that and when I get them...I'm sure I will post them, along with a story. That night Morgan, Michelle and I went out for a drink to celebrate Michelle's engagement! No one knows how exciting it is for me that all my friends are getting married now. I'm not the only one anymore!!! I didn't get home 'til 1:00a.m. and was on the road back here to MASS at 5:00a.m. Sunday morning.

Big Daddy and I missed each other so much! I hate leaving him when I have to go back to PA. And he equally hates being here in MASS by himself. He always tries to do something sweet for me when I come back, whether it be cook me dinner or get a movie or have fresh flowers for me...always something. Well this time....his sweet nothings turned into something a little better. When I walked in the house he made me close my eyes and he walked me into the bedroom and when I opened my eyes I saw this....

And no, he didn't just sprinkle rose petals on the bed....this is what my bedroom looked like before I left for New Castle (this picture was taken when we first moved here)

See!

Big Daddy got up this morning and went to Macy's, Filene's and Bed, Bath and Beyond all by himself to find a new way to spice up the bedroom so he could surprise me with something.Maybe a little extreme by buying a whole new bed suit? But this is why I love this guy so much!!! White satin sheets and all... and the red comforter is so fluffy, it's Egyptian Satin. The sprinkled rose petals were just icing on the cake. I love it! He was so proud of himself and he informed me that he is now very educated about sheets and fabric counts because of his little adventure today.

My mom, dad and sister came back with me...they are here just for the next 2 days. I'm sure you'll hear from me again this week about that.

I'm gonna go snuggle with Big Daddy in the satin sheets now...good night!

-Housewife

12 Comments:

  • At 11:14 PM, Blogger -xtessa- said…

    Big Daddy's a sweetie!!! Looks like you guys had fun during wedding week!

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    awwe!
    he needs to teach A some lessons in that...haha!

    oh, by the way, i thought i saw you tonight and got all excited and then realized, why the hell would nikki be in INDIANA? she wouldn't.
    and then i got sad.

    oh well!
    yay for the dresses!!!

     
  • At 5:28 AM, Blogger Doug said…

    All I have to say is, Thank God men only really have to worry about the tuxedo's and the bachelor party :)

     
  • At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Kristin said…

    Hey Nikki! Glad to hear you got home safely! I miss you girls already- :.( For some reason I can't e-mail those pictures, but I'll try again later. Who knows, damn computers!

    Um- can Big Daddy be any cuter? Please tell him to set up a school. I'm enrolling Matt!

    Love ya!

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger KE said…

    I SUCK. I SUCK. I SUCK. I SUCK. I SUCK. I SUCK. I SUCK.

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Bumbling Bav said…

    Oh how wonderful. Glad you all had such good luck finding things.

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger The Dirty South said…

    lol...how funny, we were on our way to dinner yesterday and we saw the red hat society leaving the 14th street theater where coincidentaly (sp) they saw the play Menopause....then to top it off the redhat ladies had dinner at the same place as us...it made me and KE think of you

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Meier Queen said…

    aww, Housewife, what a sweetheart that Big Daddy is! you sure did snag a keeper with that one:)
    And Career Woman, can't wait to see the dress, I am sure it is just stunning:)

     
  • At 1:53 AM, Blogger Bug said…

    I LURVE the bed and the bed linen! How spoiled are you?? :)

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Sounds like a super exciting week!!

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger MommaK said…

    I love all the pictures of you two! That was my favorite post so far:-)

    And your hubby is a very, very smart man. Hats off to him!

    Happy IWB Day!

     
  • At 2:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home