A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Father's Day

A very belated yet very happy father's day to all of our 1 father that probably reads this site (Hi Doug!) It was back to the beach for this family. Hampton Beach is holding it's 5 th annual Master Sand Sculpting Competition. We stopped by early in the morning to see what was happening. There was only 1 sculpture in the making at this point...A very beautiful and very detailed castle...


Bella (of course) wanted a castle just like it. "A real one" that she could "really go inside of." Well Big Daddy may have lacked the skills and supplies to build his little princess a castle...But he didn't lack the imagination to satisfy a three year old princess worthy of her very own sand castle that she could "really go inside of." A few minutes of digging and voila!


We walked the beach for hours, digging for sand dollars and left with quite a collection. Big Daddy pulled up something else in the water. A starfish, still alive. Bella stuck him on her swimming suit and it suctioned to it...she wore it around like a badge of honor for most of the day.


When we first got there (really early in the morning so we could see the high tide, 8 foot waves) it was still cold and very windy...perfect weather for.......


In all Big Daddy got to spend a really nice and relaxing day with his girls...


And as disappointing as it may be, there were no terrible pictures of my arse this time. Sad. I know.

But not to worry, it seems I have passed the torch!


Again...Happy Belated Father's Day and if there are any lurking Father's out there, now would be a good time to identify yourself!

-------------------------

So these past few days I've been enjoying the sun and going shopping. Have any of you heard of Brighton Jewelry? I'm addicted to it! Very addicted. So addicted in fact, that I spent a very large sum of money on it today and will most likely be in lots of trouble when Big Daddy gets home. Yikes! I probably won't get the opportunity to buy myself such things of beauty in a long long time because I sense that my debit card will be confiscated tonight. So if any of you have heard of it or know of it, you can feel free to buy me a piece, any piece you choose,it's all very pretty, and send it to me. If you address it to Housewife, Littleton Massachusetts...it will surely get to me...or not........
-Housewife

14 Comments:

  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger -xtessa- said…

    once again.. nice photos! i'm so glad someone in your family is carrying the tradition of "view from the back" posing!

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    i love brighton!
    i helped A pick out some earrings for his mom for christmas!
    very pretty.

    glad YOU had a good father's day! haha!!

    i will see you in a very long time. my computer is going to computer heaven to get fixed and i'm computerless until then.

    so don't do anything fun without me!!

    :(

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Bumbling Bav said…

    Oh how fun! I live 20 min from the beach and have I got their yet.... no. I need the kids to be off school, then this chick is getting some much needed sun loven!

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger The Dirty South said…

    I can't wait to go to the beach...

     
  • At 6:24 AM, Blogger jlybn123 said…

    Have you ever seen Lia Sophia jewelry? It's nice stuff. I've gotten quite a few pieces from there and I love 'em.

    The pics are great! Makes me want to go on vacation NOW!

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Kristen said…

    aww do you think he can make me a castle that i can get in? haha...it would have to be biiig! that is wonderful that you had a good daddys day!

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Doug said…

    Thanks for the shout out for Father's Day. My two girls gave me these neat little jars that they decorated. Inside were mails. But the cool thing was, the lids were attached to this long tube stretching to the bottom of the Jar. When you life the lid, it lifts the nails too. They were soooooo cute.

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    cw- i didn't remember if your birthday was THIS month or NEXT month, so either way, i thought of you today (it IS the 27th, right?) and happy birthday thoughts were sent your way!!!!!

    and if i'm totally wrong, you cannot blame me. i cannot access my old e-mails and therefore cannot go check and make sure i'm not making an ass of myself.
    stupid computer.


    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

     
  • At 5:44 AM, Blogger LĂ©onie said…

    I love reading your posts - both of you!
    Where have you gone?
    Don't go!!

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is very interesting site... film editing classes

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home