A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

IM BACKKKK!

Hola Kiddies!

Mamma's back - and it has been a long, long time. A lot has happened since the last time I was able to post from Duquesne such as:
1. I ordered my wedding gown! And it is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S! Housewife can vouge for that because she was there, and so was my mama.
2. I picked my bridesmaid dresses and colors the same day and had 10 girls, that's right, I said "TEN" girls get fitted, measured, primped, and paid for them because they were going to be discontinued by the end of the month, so... check!
3. I have developed a mega-tan considering I am still job-less, and prospect-less leading me to lounge by the pool - all day, every day until I fry like a lobster, or just when it's time for dinner.
4. My cousin Adam got married on June 18th, and that wedding was a freakin' blast and a half - I have pictures, I will post.
5. A-ha, and as you all already know, Pumpkinface got me my digital camera for my birthday, which was yesterday!
6. My birthday was Monday, the 27th and for all of you that don't know me, it is a weekend, if not week-long celebration. Pumpkinface requested off early on Saturday because there were a good eight of us who were going to go out, so yes, we got very, VERY drunk, and we danced, and then got more drunk, then danced some more, and got more drunk, then it was time to go home. Then his parents had a picnic for me on sunday with my favorite, ice cream cake with purple icing and they got me my very own scrapbooking kit - which I love. On my real birthday, him and I spent the day at the pool, basking in the sun, and then out with my family to the Olive Garden for some chicken scampi, margaritas, tiramisu, and those fun little Andes mints that I devour no matter how full I am.
7. I have completed three pages of my scrapbook with obviously a limited amount of accessories, but damn. I. Am. Good. At this shit. So once I figure out how to upload the pictures from my camera I will take pictures for all of you to see and collaborate with the scrapbooking pro, Housewife.
8. Pumpkinface and I had our engagement photos today. Um, can you say cutest engaged couple EVER?! (with the exception of K Pac and Matt, Michelle and Brandon, Ashlee and Brandon, and Jamie and Eric).

Well, I am off to scrapbook some more and go and wait for Pumpkinface to get home from work to show off my scrapbook pages of our b-e-a-utiful bodices. Sorry for the lack of humor and fun wittiness that you are used to - give me time, it'll all come back to mamma!
-Career Woman

7 Comments:

  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, i can't WAIT to see all your fun fun pictures!
    i thought of you yesterday, and i'm such a big nerd, i even have a card for you.
    i shall post it whenever i get my computer back.

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Tay said…

    I WANNA SEE PICTURES!!!! You have been promising us for weeks now! LOL!

     
  • At 5:47 AM, Blogger Bug said…

    Happy birthday! I hope the margaritas were extra tequila-y just for you :)

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Meier Queen said…

    Happy belated-birthday Career Woman! Glad to hear you had such an awesome b-day weekend (by the way, I am the same way baout the whole birthday week/weekend thing. The birth of totally fabulous ladies, such as ourselves, simply canNOT be celebrated in a mere 24 hours! That is just crazy-talk)

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger jlybn123 said…

    Happy belated B-day! Glad you had such a blast! Love your posts, regardless of the content!! Keep 'em up...

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Bumbling Bav said…

    Happy Birthday!

    Oh this sounds so nice, can't wait to see the pics!

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is very interesting site... »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home