A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

My Treasured Finding

Prior to the weekend, I went down to my grandma's house to get some more stuff out of it. By "stuff," I mean that I picked up my computer that I gave to her after I graduated from college. I knew that there would be some good, juicy findings saved on the computer from our crazy college years, but never knew I would find all this. Much to my dismay, my gram still used the same wallpaper as her background that I had in college. It was my roommate Danielle's brindle boxer, Zoey that we got our senior year of college. Zoey was so cute and cuddly, but Zoey did not appear cute and cuddly on the desktop... Zoey was asleep, with beer cans surrounding her, and one underneath her paw (as if to look as those she passed out from all the partying -ya know, kinda like we did - no we didn't dad :)). If my grandma would have actually opened something in the computer she would have came across all of Danielle's pictures from our senior year that she downloaded on my computer. Yes, she would have witnessed her drunken granddaughter singing and dancing on bars with all her friends. She would also have gotten a cultural view of the city of Pittsburgh from a car window, or the streets of the southside or the strip district from a sidewalk on New Year's Eve or one of 601's birthdays. (Disclaimer: 601 was our apartment number in our complex, let's just say that it was infamous, people even began to think that 601 had it's own language - maybe we did). Gram would have also taken a tour on our cruise we took for spring break or the beautiful blue waters of Cancun - but luckily, she did not. Last, but not least, Gram would have found our "Quotes 2002-2003," (a.k.a. our senior year of college, which, by the way, feels like a century ago).

This list was 7 pages long, single spaced, with incriminating evidence of the nitwits, drunks, and rockin' good times we really were. Ya know, before the whole job, fiance, real life thing we started after we graduated in May of '03. Finding the quote list brought me back to the good 'ole days of what used to be - the great, awesome friends that I will cherish for the rest of my life. I was somber, yet thrilled that I had such a wonderful college experience and I owe it all to "601." It also made me miss K.E. and Ryan even more since they moved down south and made me realize that I am the only loser who stayed in this quaint little town in western PA. But it definatly made me smile, and snort, and have tears running down my face with laughter, because we are just that damn funny. Below I am going to place some of the best, funniest, dumbest things that we have said during our senior year at Duquese University in 2002-2003. I hope these make you laugh and think about the friends that you hold dear and will cherish for your entire lives. And this is my public service announcement - if you're still in school - cherish each day, it goes so fast. If you're out of school, never lose touch with those friends, because most certainly they have changed you forever...for the best!

1. "He's fallen into the gay catergory now, and I don't associate myself with gay people anymore. I'm going to focus my energy on people I like, like you guys!" - Danielle
2. "I'm going to put on my camoflague thong and then you won't see me anymore." -Kristin
3. "They need to play a song that'll get everyone dancing, you know, like the electric slide." -Carly at a dance club.
4. "I'm more serious than world peace at a Miss America Pageant." -Ryan
5. "CAMO-FREAKIN-PANTS MORGAN, Do you understand?" - K.E. about...Camo Pants
6. "Car, remember how Princess Diana died? I could do that to you." -Danielle has we are driving through the Liberty Tubes.
7. "What is going on here? Am I driving a 1980 Taurus?" - Danielle when something was wrong with her car.
8. "Not having a remote control is like not having legs to me." - Danielle
9. "What does it mean to you when your roommate has her covers over her head and is snoring?" - Kristin when I was annoying her.
10. "Im gonna be known as the 'fat one", we're going to be referred to as the fat one, the tall one, the short one, & the blonde one. Someone will be like 'who the blonde one' and then they'll say 'no! the fat one!'"~Danielle
11. "It came to me like a soft, summer's breeze, which i'd like to be by the way"~carly "Isn't that that stuff ppl dousch with?"~Kristin "No Kristin, that's summer's eve"~me "Should I dousch?"~D "No, they used to do that in the 80's all the time, its not supposed to be good for you"~Kristin. "u cant use a hot dog Danielle"~Carly
12. "Im so sexy that when I am sleeping, I miss myself." - Ryan
13. "Snow cone if I can touch your peepee," - Ryan in regards to Michael Jackson at his Neverland Ranch.
14. "Ryan needs a 'How's my Driving' sticker on the back of his car." - K.E.
15. "Thank you Victoria."-Career Woman, "You're welcome Secret" -Ryan about my push up bra.
16. "So you are saying that 'Gangs of New York' isn't about the crypts and the bloods?" - Carly
17. "Oh you do look like Balki,...oh no, it's not a bad thing, I like Balki!" - Danielle
18. “He wouldn’t believe his eyes if he saw your butt now!”~Kristin to me, “Whats that supposed to mean?”~me, “You’ve filled out”~ K, “Um that’s a nice way to say you got fat”~me, “No, you aren’t a psycho-anorexic-bitch anymore, you’re just a psycho-bitch!”~Kristin
19. "I'm coming home with something I don't have to pay for and I'm not talking about sand!" - Earl about spring break.
20. "Saddamm Hussein is the anti-christ, I've taken that title away from Bill Gates." - Danielle
21. "God Bless Duquesne" - Career Woman, "God Bless Baseball Season" - K.E.
22. "Honestly, we are in the f-ing twilight zone" - Career Woman
23. "I wish I had go-go-gadget arms" - Danielle when something isn't arms length.
24. "I want to rip into her skin" - Kristin about wanting to be Britney Spears.
25. "Graduating college in four years is like leaving a party at 10 o'clock." - Kristin's fiance Bri about 601 graduating college in four years.

This is just 25 of over a hundred and some witty, hiliarous, ridiculous things that we have said in one school year. Aren't we great? Don't you wish you roommed with us? Sorry only memories here kiddies - I advise all of you to start your own quote book. This is why we started this, so 2, 10, 15, 20 years down the road we can pull it out, drink some bubbly while our husbands are out golfing and laugh for hours! Love you all and miss you everyday!
-"Morgs"

18 Comments:

  • At 6:49 AM, Blogger Bug said…

    Ok, Danielle sounds like a funny wench! I can't believe you were all talking about Balki - god, HE is a flashback!

    Doesn't old school stuff just make you SO nostalgic? I've even kept the notes my friends and I used to pass in class. From, like, grade 7 onwards!

     
  • At 6:52 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Bug, me too! I have a box of notes from Junior High - and they are all signed with something like this:
    1. ybffa
    2. lylas
    3. SorrySoSloppy
    4. RMA (remember me always)
    etc...
    -Career Woman

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger MommaK said…

    That's so funny! I have a list like that too from my jr & sr years of highschool. I found it a few month ago and rolled on the floor laughing:-)

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    That's a great idea!

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger KE said…

    That's it! I'm pulling out the Cherry Pie quote book from the Summer of 2003, compliments of Hasson (aka Mrs. DeCaprio). Stay tuned for excerpts...

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Doug said…

    This is just like the stuff I was talking about on my blog the other day. It's weird what's out there and sometimes a bit scary.

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Spurious Plum said…

    I think I liked the camo-thong the most.

    Where does one purchase a camoflage thong that makes one's butt vanish? Maybe I should get two...

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger The Dirty South said…

    the funniest times ever...you need to just post the whole list so that people can see just how funny we are...and if you miss us so much then maybe you should come down to ATL and VISIT.

    I wish we had digital pictures from some of our crazy nights.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger monkey typist said…

    thats fantastic! whats a balki?
    i love things like that, especially now that i left high school a reasonable enough amount of time ago to miss it, i also like things that you wrote/said/did that at the time were hilarious or made complete sense and now you think...why, exactly...???

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Bumbling Bav said…

    That is so great that you have all that. I chucked out everything in a fit of rage.... now I am kicking myself.

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    hahahaha, you nerd. i loved it!
    i have several things like that. one of my friends has kept all of our notes we passed in junior high and she went through them the other day and said she was laughing so hard she almost peed...ha!

     
  • At 5:18 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    monkey typists - Balki was on that t.v. show Perfect Strangers in the early 90's or late 80's....

    Bumbling Bav, well that just stinks that you threw yours out!

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger TrueJerseyGirl said…

    You made me miss college too!

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Mirella said…

    OMG. Those are too funny! That's why you bitches are my friends -- I can't spend a night with you without laughing until I cry :) It totally made me miss everyone and want to come back to New Castle -- and you know that coming from me, that is SAYING SOMETHING!

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Batman said…

    your all whores except me im a man whore who will have sex with all of you damn straight

    Batman cannot be stopped

     
  • At 4:01 AM, Blogger Léonie said…

    oh.. I don't want to write my comment underneath that really really strange one - can we just pretend it didn't happen?
    I went through all my old stuff the other day -photos and letters and ticket stubs and all sorts of stuff that would only mean something to me.. it was so lovely! Hurray for nostalgia.. and more fun to come, right?!

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is very interesting site... » » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home