A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Monday, June 06, 2005

My Whole Weekend

What Can Brown Do For You?
It helped me find a potty.

Friday's Girly Adventure brought us (back) to Maine. With much nicer weather. I'll get to some pictures in a minute here...first I'd like to tell you a little story.

So we're driving around Maine, it took us 1 hour to drive into Maine, then we drove around to all the viewpoints and along all the scenic routes, so this basically means that it's going on 3 hours without a potty break. This is quite a big deal to a 3 year old with a teeny tiny bladder. It is now going on 45 minutes since Isabella announced that she "had to go pee" and I'm desperately trying to find her a potty. We were driving through Ogunquit and stopped along this strip of shops and inns...none of these shops would allow my poor wiggling, crotch grabbing little girl use their facilities. As we are walking out of this one shop, a UPS guy is delivering boxes...he overhears Bella (who is now tearing up because she has to go so bad) saying "but I really have to pee Mommy." The UPS man approaches me and says "does she need a restroom?" I'm a little puzzled at first and I'm like "Er...Yeah." So he gives me this "wait a minute" gesture and starts banging on the door of this bistro that is not even open yet (this is around 11:00a.m.) No one answers so he goes "follow me." Still a little puzzled but desperate nevertheless I follow Mr. UPS Man across the street to this Inn. As we are walking across the street he shakes my hand and asks me my name and for Bella's as and begins to explain to me that the people in this town aren't that friendly and are funny about letting the public use their restrooms. We walk into the back entrance of this Inn were about 5 employees are sitting in an office and Mr. UPS Man says "Hello, these are my new friends Nikki and Isabella, Isabella needs to use the potty, may she use your's?" The people are like "Oh sure" (then began oohing and awing over Bella's bow-legged walk as she waddles to their bathroom with both hands between her legs.) I hear Mr. UPS Man talking to the office people while I'm helping Bella in the potty. He obviously knows these people cause they are talking about a local soccer team and he asks this one lady how her daughter is as he is waiting for us...so at this point I'm no longer too weirded out by him. After Bella unleashed Niagara Falls itself into the toilet and we graciously thanked the nice Office People at the Inn, we are walking back across the street to my mom and sister and praising Mr UPS Man for finding us a potty. He gives us a friendly smile and says "Hey, I have a 6 year old and when they gotta go, they gotta go...I know how it is...glad I could help." He hops back into his truck and drove off a hero. Moral of the story is...There still are good people left in this world and they work for UPS. My intentions? I'm gonna write a letter (a nice one for a change) to UPS and tell them my story. Mr. UPS Man deserves to be commended for his good deed. Who knows?Maybe someday my story will be a sappy UPS commercial. Yes, I have high hopes like that.

So back to Friday's Girly Adventure...I bet you wanna see pictures, huh? OK.

First we stopped along the ocean to find some sea shells. Here's my sister Janice, out on the rocks.....

We had a whole bag full of ocean treasures by the time we were done.

Then we drove out to the lighthouse. This time it was much less eerie without the storm.

That's my mommy Bertha, for those of you without the privilege of knowing her.

Then over to Brown's Homemade Ice Cream for none other than some Brown's Homemade Ice Cream. It's write up the street from the lighthouse, with the prettiest view of the ocean...I know you've seen enough water by now, so how 'bout some funny ice cream faces?......

Bella, chowin' down on her "Blues Clues" ice cream (and sharing a little with the picnic table.)


Sophia, making sure she gets every last bite of her Caramel w/ Caramel Swirl.

Oh and wait...it wouldn't be a trip to the beach without someone snapping a picture of me bending over...and it really wouldn't be a post about a trip to the beach without me showing you the picture of me bending over.......

Really why do people always find it necessary to photograph me in this position and why in the hell do I post them?...I guess it's just becoming a tradition hear on A Career Woman and A Housewife.

Speaking of tradition...It is now becoming a tradition for me to risk my life in one way or another while I'm in Maine, right?
Here's the picture I snapped while I was driving on my way home just because the truck in front of me was from Carmel, IN and it made me think of Erin. Word of Advice: It is not wise to hold a camera to your eye while driving 75mph in 4 lanes of traffic on I495. This most definitely qualifies as "risking my life" for the Maine trip tradition.


That's pretty much it...it was really fun to spend the day with my mom and sister...I miss doing that!

...............................................

My Dad has been going to work with Big Daddy these past few days...he likes to be outdoors and it's a nice change from his office job so Big Daddy's been making him get his hands dirty at the Golf Course. On Saturday...Big Daddy threw a big cook out at the course for his workers...they stopped production at 2:00p.m. and everyone's family came, one of the Mexican guys cooked up some really yummy Mexican food for everybody.

Then we took a walk around the course and stopped for a picture that I will be e-mailing to my Dad's office so that everyone there can see that he took time off to go do labor work...I'm sure they will all appreciate that! That's my Dad, Rod sporting the Steeler's hat in Patriot's territory. GO PITTSBURGH!!!!!!! And of course us girls and my Big Daddy.


Then Saturday night, Big Daddy and I took a ride back up to Maine (I just can't get enough of this place, can I?)It was pitch black a long the coast and the tide was really high...we sat for hours along the rocks and watched the waves roll in and watched the stars...then it got really cold cause we were getting splashed when the waves would hit the rocks so we drove up to the light house and watched the stars somemore...you could barely see the lighthouse, you'd just catch a glimpse of it when it's light would flash...it's absolutely amazing how many stars you see out there in the darkness, just beautiful! We didn;t get home 'til 2:00a.m.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, the recital! I don't suppose I have to tell you that I cried, that's a given, right? I can't even begin to put the cuteness into words. With the advice of my faithful blog friends, I took those pictures! They're not very good, kinda blury cause I was so far away, but they're pictures.

Here's a picture in the dressing room. Bella, second from the left.


Then they're headed off with the teacher to back stage and yes I am very choked up at this point and take off running to the auditorium for the show!


Lady in Ugly Brown Skirt is now a Farmer and there's my little flower......


Simply Breathtaking!
>

Wiping my tears, I head back to the dressing room (as class mother) to get the girls dressed for their next number. Here they go again......


Ok, I'm bookin' back down to the auditorium and almost sure that the poor man that I have to keep stepping over to get to my seat is ready to trip me. These little Chickens had the audience in hysteria...I'm surprised they even heard the music over all the laughing and clapping...Most. Adorable. Thing. Ever.


After the recital we went out for a bite to eat to celebrate. Bella's Choice. Applebee's. She loves their french fries!


>

Right now it's 1:50a.m. Monday morning...I'm leaving with my Mom and Dad to go back to PA in 3 hours. I'll be there just for a week. Reason? To go dress shopping with Career Woman and possible go to some florist just to get some flower idea's. According to Career Woman "It will be a Wedding Week, just like on the Discovery Channel." So I'm sure you'll be getting a good old fashion collaborated post from both CW and HW about our week. I can just feel your excitment. I'm off to finish packing...at this point, I might as well not even go to sleep. WOW! This post was long...hope you made it through!

-Housewife

13 Comments:

  • At 4:52 AM, Blogger -xtessa- said…

    she is SO adorable!;) love that story about the UPS man. i can't tell you how many times i had to make impromptu potty-searching myself.

    i love the Chicken Dance! it cracks me up everytime.

    good luck on your "wedding week", girls! TTYL!

     
  • At 5:01 AM, Blogger Bug said…

    That post was just... *gulp*... gorgeous! The UPS man! The spectacularosity of Maine! The weeny little ballerinas!

    Looks like you've had a grand old time lately :)

     
  • At 5:30 AM, Blogger Tay said…

    Wow what an interesting post ;) Maine looks beautiful, I wish we could drive up there for the weekends. That was really romantic that you and Big Daddy went to the beach. I would love to do that with my hubby!

    Bella looks so cute in her little costumes! I cannot wait until Tristyn is old enough to participate in things like that :)

     
  • At 5:58 AM, Blogger Doug said…

    Love the bathroom story. And I see you actually did get some pictures of the little one during her recital even though you were not supposed too. Good for you.

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger TrueJerseyGirl said…

    Hub works for UPS, so I can agree with you that they are the nicest people around...

    LOVED the pics of Bella in her little ballerina outfit, what a little doll!

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger KE said…

    I have never seen a prouder look on Bella's face. She felt like a rock star, huh?
    Not to burst anyone's IloveUPS bubble, but I hate UPS and I'm gonna tell you why. I sent a box of toys, via UPS, to a 4-yr old. They told me I had to pay $17 for it to be delivered on Thursday, so little Zach waited patiently all day looking out the window for the big brown truck to arrive. Well, it never did, and by the time he finally got the box, on MONDAY, he was mad at me for lying and saying it would be there Thursday. And all UPS had to say was, "sorry, ma'am." Plus, my ex-boyfriend worked for Corporate UPS and they sent him all around the world for work and I never ever saw him, so I use Fed-Ex, thank you.

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger The Dirty South said…

    bella is beautiful...but we already know this. ncie pics, can't wait till i come up there to visit.

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    i read this entire thing in the moring before work, and its the reason i was late.

    so i read it again when i got home! :)

    a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e! i wish my mother had put me in dance when i was litter, instead of my sister. we all know i'm cuter anyway.

    also? why the hell would you risk your life to take a picture from a truck from carmel, indiana? there are MORE where that one came from, and are so annoying. i'd almost rather you have plowed right into it and made it never come back to carme. [mutters: stupid trucks] but am flattered nonetheless!

    have fun dress shopping!! am jealous!

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger MommaK said…

    Those ballerine pictures are the cutest!! And I want some Blues Clues ice cream!!

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Spurious Plum said…

    Look at all those great pictures! And it's not possible for those kids to be cuter. God, my ovaries are beating the hell out of me right now.

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger jlybn123 said…

    Made it through the long post and enjoyed it as well.

    First, what a great guy for helping with the pee pee dance situation! I've seen many a pee pee dance, and it ain't pretty! LOL

    The pics are great and looks like you had a wonderful time.

    The recital would have made me cry as well. I'm a sap for that kind of thing! They sure know how to tug at our heart strings, don't they?

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! gay shorts

     

Post a Comment

<< Home