A Career Woman and A Housewife

Here's the deal, this our blog... This is where we come to write about our lives. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. And of course, The Beautiful. We welcome anyone to come on in, take a look around and have a few laughs. Nothing makes us happier than nice comments and finding a new BLOG friend. If you can't handle what we have to say, just leave quietly and pretend you've never been here...We will retaliate.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Tiny Dancer

All the excitement had died down, for the first time in hours I could hear a pin drop in the room, John had left to take a shower, the proud and exhausted grandparents had gone home, the chatters of all of my friends (who by the way are the best people in the world)had vanished and the last nurse had left (not without taking one last look at my cooch.) It was just me a plethora of balloons and my sweet brand new baby girl. Still in complete shock that I actually had a girl (and that I actually DID live through childbirth), I lay there staring at this soft little being with the biggest, darkest brown eyes that I had ever seen. And a million hopes and expectations for her, ran through my head. As I fell asleep that night, visions of a little ballerina dancing across a stage flashed in my mind .........and today..............

Isabella's Dress Rehearsal, there she is, my sweet little ballerina baby, second from the left.

Yeah I know, it's only Dress Rehearsal, but the tears were flowin' like you wouldn't believe. All I could picture was my little baby with the big brown eyes and how I couldn't wait for her to be a ballerina. Pretty emotional. And I'm so damn proud of her...I know every mother thinks their child is the best one up on that stage, but dudes...she rocked! Just look at her perfect form!

Look, Look...straight leg and pointed toes, chin up, hands out to the side...Mama taught her well! Perfection!

They did Peter, Paul and Mary's The Garden Song for their Ballet number...they all started crouched down and the teacher came out and "watered" them one by one...this is Bella right after she was "watered" and was growing into a beautiful flower...just thought I'd clear that up in case anyone thought some psycho-bitch in an ugly brown skirt was trying to smash my kid on the head with a watering can, you never know.

And for their Novelty Dance, a song called "Us Chickens" ... complete with flapping arms, quacking, and a little bit of booty shakin' - that's my girl! I didn't take any still pictures for that one, at least not any that turned out good...I was laughing hysterically and couldn't focus...But here are a few of our little Chickens in the dressing room striking a pose!

Bella, third from the left.

The Recital isn't until Sunday.. no photography allowed (huh, we'll see about that.) But unless someone smacks down the rules at me while I'm in mid-snap...I may have pictures...If not, these are close enough. And if I could somehow put the video clips that took today on this blog, ya'll would have top notch entertainment right here, baby! There is nothing cuter than a group of three year-olds strutting their stuff up on that stage!No way!

BTW...Mama, Papa and Sista arrived safely this morning from PA...Papa is going to work with Big Daddy tomorrow to do manly stuff and us girls will probably go on some sort of an adventure. Hopefully I'll have some funny stories worthy of a post for ya!
-Housewife

17 Comments:

  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger Bug said…

    Ohhh, she's so weeny and cute!! Just gorgeous - you did well :)

     
  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger -xtessa- said…

    my daughter's reading this with me and she's tugging on my arm 'coz she wants to go to ballet school this instant! LOL!!!

    and you have every right to be proud... she rocks!

     
  • At 4:13 AM, Blogger LĂ©onie said…

    Oh my God! So so so so lovely - she is so pretty! I feel all proud in an Internet-nerd-y kind of way!
    I'm not surprised you cried a little bit. Can't wait to hear how the show goes!

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    SO CUTE!!!!

    haha, take those pictures woman, and just DARE them to tell you to stop. better yet, have your mom take them, they can't tell a grandma,"NO!!!"!

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Doug said…

    It's a shame my oldest is so uncoordinated. I'd be really worried having her up there prancing around. She would probably pull a Kelsey Grammer and walk off the stage (she gets that from me since I'm kind of a klutz).

    You daughter looks cute and I hope everything goes well. I agree with Erin....just take those pictures and push anyone away who even tries to stop you.

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Meier Queen said…

    what an adorable little wee one you have there! And how cute are their chicken outfits? And about the no-photo rule, well I say some rules are made just to be broken. How can one be expected to not take pictures of their fabulous offspring while she struts around on stage in a tutu?

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Kristin said…

    Nikki! I just sat at my desk crying with goose bumps! I remember the day you had Bella! WHAT JOY WE HAD! I'll never forget Morgan's phone call, "Um, Kristin, Nikki's water broke. Her mom said not to get excited yet." 10 mins. later "Um, Kristin, NIKKI'S GOING INTO LABOR! I'll pick you up in 10 seconds. What are you wearing?" You were the champ that day, girlfriend!

    She looks beautiful on stage. I can't wait to see the video! LOVE AND MISS YOU GIRLS!

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger A Career Woman and A Housewife said…

    Awe that wonderful day when my little princess was born, now she's a mean princess, but still a princess! That day will forever be an imprint in my mind!

    And I am a little somber about the recital because I got to go to hers last year - and this year I can't! :(
    -Career Woman

    (oh and you'd better take those pictures, and don't forget to bring home your camera!)

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Lassa said…

    Aaawwwww, she's adorable! I just love how their little legs look so cute in tights and tutus!

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger KE said…

    I'm bawling. Again.

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Bumbling Bav said…

    I am just teary eyed! I get the same way with my daughter.

    I love the pics! Such a wonderful post!

     
  • At 6:22 AM, Blogger Dawn said…

    you took wonderful pictures. She is so cute.

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Indigo said…

    Awwww, so adorable!!!! I can't wait for Kid to be in ballet class.

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Lucky328 said…

    First time visiting you through free to be's blog... Your little girl is sooooo cute! mine is 2 months old and i too dream of her dancing.. i did when i was kid and my neice does now and she is 8yrs old.. the lil ones are too cute to watch because they think its fun and dont care when they mess up! stop by my blog sometime!

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Jenna said…

    Just found your blog and wanted you to know that I really enjoy it. Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous, and I agree with everyone else. Take those pictures!

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep up the good work » » »

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home